gtkradiant and entity models question

Hi all,

First question:

I'm probably looking at this the wrong way, but if I want to change the model info_player uses, how can I if GTKradiant seems to only reads md3 files and the existing models are in glm format?

ie, I open a map file, select the info_player entity and bring up its properties, and then select 'model'.

My problem is, It just seems a bit odd that the mapping software for the game doesn't let you add models that already exist in the game. For instance, how does it know what model info_player is by default if it can't read glm files in the first place? Where is it getting that information?

I'm confused, what am I doing wrong!  :blink:

Second question:

Where can I find where it's calling up cut-scenes for levels? Is that in GTKradiant and in the map properties somewhere? Ie. Currently, if you load up Kejim_post.bsp, it automatically plays the cut-scene preceding the level first. I want to stop or alter that.

Thanks for your time.  :)

I'm probably looking at this the wrong way, but if I want to change the model info_player uses, how can I if GTKradiant seems to only reads md3 files and the existing models are in glm format?

That's not how you change the playermodel. I'm not entirely sure how you do without causing any bugs though, especially not in JK2.

Where can I find where it's calling up cut-scenes for levels? Is that in GTKradiant and in the map properties somewhere? Ie. Currently, if you load up Kejim_post.bsp, it automatically plays the cut-scene preceding the level first. I want to stop or alter that.

The info_player_start in kejim_post targets a target_scriptrunner that executes scripts/kejim_post/kejim_start when the player spawns.

Thanks for the quick reply and answering my cut-scene question! :)

I'm curious about the player model thing. Presumably there has to be a way because of all those player model mods about. This is JA version of GTKradiant, btw. I know I mentioned Kejim, but  I'm trying to get the JK2 map working for JA. I've copied over the files and put them in the right places, but that's about it.

Currently, it uses the JA player model instead of Kyle when you play it (plus Jan becoming a mere statue and not following) That's what I'm trying to change.

EDIT: Curious, is it going to be easier for me to just delete all the entities, leaving the map geometry and just putting them all in from scratch?