Need help in making this character playable

Go to solution Solved by Circa,

Hi, so I have been trying to use a certain character in sp mode and I keep getting the error message - "error ran out of transform space for ghoul2 models adjust miniheapsize in sv_spawnserver''

I have tried in many ways to make this character work - I've tried clearing out other models in my base folder - no luck. I've tried renaming some of his parts in blender - (that worked for me once before on another project) - but it didn't work here. I am relatively new at this sort of thing so I don't know specifically what I am looking for. Therefore I am turning to jkhub for assistance, because I just can't figure this out for myself. I hope that someone out there knows what to do - it is an interesting character and I would like to use it.

oh and by the way - no I don't have open jk - because it seems to require a certain update to use and my computer refuses to install that update - don't know why, but that's another story.

Below is the character I am trying to use - here's hoping someone knows a fix!

• Solution

There really isn't going to be another way around it, you need OpenJK or JAEnhanced or some other derivative of it. The error is due to the models hitting limits that the base game has set. OpenJK raises those limits.

The only other way is to manually decrease the model's triangle count in a program like Blender but that sounds easier than it is. I forget the function name in Blender but there is a button to do it but it is destructive and can result in bad looking results if you aren't familiar enough with it.

You're probably better off further troubleshooting why your computer isn't letting you run OpenJK, I've never heard of that happening before and may be a concerning broader issue.