My ideas and concepts for a hypothetical Jedi Academy remake

Jedi Academy was the first game I ever played, so I wanted to share my ideas about a potential remake.

The character creation would be expanded.

There would be some gameplay changes but the lightsaber combat system would remain the same with some improvements, for example you will be able to throw your lightsaber when using a saber staff.

The usable items are this time present. Grenades, bombs and mines are now in the items category and can be used by triggering the item use button. There will be many new weapons like blaster pistols, the A280, a flame launcher and many more. Weapons will now have stats like damage or range. Many weapons won't have a secondary shot, pressing the 2nd fire button will have you aim more precisely. Regular troopers can now use more weapons and can throw grenades. The officer troopers are a bit tougher and can now carry keys. Ther are also snowtrooper officers. The officers can also have an armored skin like in Dark Forces II. The rocket troopers can now also use regular weapons 

Character progression is now revamped. You can still choose a power at the end of missions, but now you get skill points you can use to get new perks. For example you can raise your force meter, or unlock new lightsaber movements. Powers have now sub-upgrades. For example with Force push at level 3, you can unlock the ability to charge it to increase range and power. New powers include Force destruction and many others. 

There is now a 4th act. The end of Act 3 mission won't be Taspir, which is moved to Act 4, it will be a 3 part mission on Serenno. Some missions during the acts will have multiple parts, for example the 2 tatooine levels will now be a 2 parts mission (1st the Mos Eisley level, the the jundland level). The original levels would be expanded and some would have small modification, for example in the Dosuun level you can now get a stun baton on easy mode. New levels are added, like a level in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant.

As for the story, a third apprentice would be added to Kyle's group 

Let me know what you think of these ideas

Ramikad and Smoo like this