Help with entity modding lighting please!

keta
Go to solution Solved by mrwonko,

I'm currently working on an ffa3 entity mod for my server and I have all of the shader swapping entities ready and working. There is just one huge issue of how the materials are lit by the game. The snow becomes yellow due to ffa3s sun, some materials have no lighting at all, and some are just basically fullbright.  Is there anything I could do to the worldspawn to fix these lighting issues? I've been looking for alternative shaders to use and they are all either fullbright, very effected by the sun, or not lit at all. Any help is appreciated, thank you!

s.png

• Solution

No, you cannot change the lightmap using entity modding. The only way to get rid of it is to use a fullbright shader that ignores the lightmap, but a) that's going to look terrible and b) there probably aren't any existing fullbright shaders for the textures you want to use, and you cannot add new shaders through entity modding.

14 minutes ago, mrwonko said:

No, you cannot change the lightmap using entity modding. The only way to get rid of it is to use a fullbright shader that ignores the lightmap, but a) that's going to look terrible and b) there probably aren't any existing fullbright shaders for the textures you want to use, and you cannot add new shaders through entity modding.

Ah that's a shame, thank you for the quick response though. I did find some fullbright shaders but like you said looked terrible. I'm just gonna retexture in radiant and release it as a normal client side pk3 so the whole thing doesnt just go to waste lol.

mrwonko likes this