Linux

I've recently installed Ubuntu 12.10 on my old laptop to just dick around with it. I actually have really enjoyed the OS despite not know much about it and it got me thinking about getting JKA (and perhaps other programs) set up on it. Though I hit a brick wall. I found out about Wine, etc and I can run the JKA installer via the first disk just fine. Though when I put in the second disk, I get the error message "Setup could not find a file on the specified path or disk. Please check that the proper disk is inserted or specify a new path."

I'm fairly new to Linux, so I've been getting (overly) frustrated at it and I think it's time to ask for help. Despite loving technology and so on, I'm not really that good with it. Most of the "help" I've found hasn't been very helpful at all. I dare say brain damage pretty often gets in the way of my understanding of instructions. So, if you're going to respond (which I hope some one does), please try to make the description as simple and as detailed as your sanity will allow.

That would then bring me to my follow up questions: How would I update JKA to 1.01? How would I install a mod? Perhaps if I could figure all that out, I could figure out how to install other Windows programs.

I hope this isn't asking too much and I'd like to thank anyone who decides to help me out in advance!

Sorry, but I'm not sure about your problem, as I don't use WINE/Linux/Ubuntu :mellow:

As far as installing mods go, it should be the same as Windows, since WINE supports all of the windows batch script stuff just fine. Though, I wouldn't use the crack that the people at WINE provide if you're going to play JKG, since JKG doesn't like cracks.

Updating to 1.01 should be the same as well.

EDIT: err, I guess you might be wondering how to install these mods then..

For skins, etc. all you need to do is put them in the base folder. For mods that come with a folder full of PK3s (and perhaps a .bat file), you need to put the PK3s in gamedata as specified (for example, if there's a base folder, put all of the ones in the base folder \in\ the base folder, and if there's another folder, copy the whole folder to gamedata) and then run the .bat.

Updating is simple. Just run the executable.