Master Servers

Here's what I think servers should set their sv_masterXs to:

set sv_master1 "masterjk3.ravensoft.com";
set sv_master2 "master.jkhub.org";
set sv_master3 "master.qtracker.com";

All of the other ones are mostly obsolete.

This community will need to work together in order to get the JKHub master server filled with all the servers. I'm seeing 3 new ones just today, so we're making progress :3

MUG likes this

That is not hard if someone were to update the 'server package' files in filefront (do we have one here?). Also I'm assuming this is for 1.01 only.

Most people will either be working from the ja+ default cfg or the one provided by their server host, so I doubt that would help much. It's really a case of spreading the word I think.

Although I do wonder how much point there is at this stage in setting up the JKHub masterserver.

i thought you said qtracker was dead, but you want us to add it? lol

QTracker isn't a master server, but people still use it regardless. In fact, I can honestly support its use, since it's a lot more functional than JA's master server (twice as many servers show up on QTracker than on JA). I will likely speak with one of QTracker's developers to allow JA to communicate with their server.

Most people will either be working from the ja+ default cfg or the one provided by their server host, so I doubt that would help much. It's really a case of spreading the word I think.

Although I do wonder how much point there is at this stage in setting up the JKHub masterserver.

It's a very real concern to make sure that we are prepared in case the master goes down again, or permanently. Regardless, I will get the word across to several communities (I speak with the heads of MB2, JA++, OpenRP, Makermod and Jenova Lugormod on a fairly frequent basis, so spreading the word shouldn't be hard. Some of those mods are already looking into the code for multi-master setups. I have the multi master browser code in JKG's lightsaber/networking branch)