Trying to install KOTF 2.1 Beta on Mac

bwt2306

Hi all,

I know the build is now out of date, however it is the latest one (to my knowledge) which works on Mac. I am currently running Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6. I have followed the instructions in the KoTF 2.1 zip file and my base folder is empty, however when I go to launch the app it says that the application cannot be opened. I have tried the optional step and it just repeats that there is no application to run the file. I have also tried installing the SDL2 framework into a special Frameworks folder, again to no avail. 

Does anyone have any advice or reason why it might not be working?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I have also installed Homebrew and SDL2 as instructed in the txt file in the zip.

2 hours ago, bwt2306 said:

Hi all,

I know the build is now out of date, however it is the latest one (to my knowledge) which works on Mac. I am currently running Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6. I have followed the instructions in the KoTF 2.1 zip file and my base folder is empty, however when I go to launch the app it says that the application cannot be opened. I have tried the optional step and it just repeats that there is no application to run the file. I have also tried installing the SDL2 framework into a special Frameworks folder, again to no avail. 

Does anyone have any advice or reason why it might not be working?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I have also installed Homebrew and SDL2 as instructed in the txt file in the zip.

Unfortunately our team member that worked on the Mac build has been silent for several months now. Unless he comes back or someone else steps forward, no one on the team will be able to provide any support for Mac users.

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience. 

His name is @The New Order by the way.

11 hours ago, Circa said:

What are the instructions? I don't have KOTF and can't now that I'm on 10.15 Catalina, but if KOTF installs similar to OpenJK then I may be able to assist if I see what the instructions are.

I'd assume it does