So I decided to ping some of the more common results of sv_masterX

Here's what I found:

JA Master Server: 128 servers

JA Master Server (IP address): 128 servers

JKHub (master.jkhub.org): Alive, 3 servers.

master.qtracker.com - DEAD

204.97.248.90 - DEAD

clanservers.net - DEAD

master0.gamespy.com - DEAD

If anyone wants me to check if any other master servers are working, let me know.

EDIT: That means for you server hosts...

Those sv_master2-5? Toss them. They're not needed unless a new master server pops up because those URLs are dead (and gamespy has been dead for at least 3 years now).

sv_master6 and upwards do not exist.

Fighter likes this

:o tell me more about the JKH master server. As in, what happens if i add that to my server :s?

Atm nothing. It's just a backup master server. I suspect it also has a future place in Caelum's not-so-secret project too.

:o tell me more about the JKH master server. As in, what happens if i add that to my server :s?

It will show up in my super-not-secret master server switcher.

JKHub's master server is lightyears more stable and reliable than what Raven offers also, so if more people added it, it would be shown.

I'm using my master server setup which allows me to actually ping servers and test their master server functionality, NOT their actual existence (try pinging master0.gamespy.com, it shows up but the actual master server is non functional). This is regardless of what QTracker lists because it's similar to All Seeing Eye, not a JA master server.

That's not too hard to do actually. There's one running on this site. It's just a matter of using an executable such as jampded on it.

If you get a server though, I suggest people point to master.jkhub.org. It's a lot more reliable than ravensoft's stuff, and can be put over those crappy gamespy things.