Cutscene model disappear

Hi all,

I have a problem. I play a SP and changed a lot of character models. Now on some cutscene randomly the character model disappears or don't play the animation. Next time i load the exact same cutscene a different character disappears.

Did anyone stumble across this type of bug?

Thanks for the help!

If you replaced the characters via NPC files, that might be the problem...Too many NPC files for the game to read. If that’s the case, i suggest you create a single NPC file (or divided it into 2 or 3 NPC files).

I made a separate pk3 file just with 2 NPC files on it, one for replacement models and one for playable models (and i replaced 99% of my models).

Hi Punisher,

good to hear from you again and thanks for the answer. Normaly I replace the standard npc files of the character so I only add around 15 new npc files to the game at all. Do you know what is the limit of NPC files?

I am not sure about the max numbet of NPC files (there are several treads about the max allocated space to read them). I might be wrong but i believe 15 is too many.

Try splitting them into 2 or 3 NPC files. My replacement NPC file replaces every mercenary, stormtrooper (including tie pilot and snow troopers ), imperial officers, imperial workers, saboteurs, every cultist and reborn (even Chewie, Alora, Luke and Kyle).

Another option woukd be renaming the model folder (model\player\YourPlayerModel) exactly ad the one you want to replace (for example if you want to replace Luke with another model, rename the new model player folder to “Luke”)and rename the pk3 to load late (rename it something like “zzzz_YourPlayerModel.pk3”. That way you wouldn’t need t use NPCs but you will also have to edit every Skin and shader file to march the new name of the model folder.

Is an alternative but I wouldn’t recommend it. I would prefer using just pne or two NPC files.