Holstered Sabers + Two Sabers = CRASH! (more details inside)

I've been testing out this mod and there's strange issues I've been noticing... the game seems to love crashing every so often whenever I switched weapons or if I had thrown my lightsaber, or if I alt-tab, or load a new game, etc. At first I thought these were all unrelated random issues, and it only happened once in awhile which I thought was strange. But after extensive testing with trial and error I actually pin pointed all this to holstered saber hilts.... for some reason?

I discovered how to recreate the crashes by doing the following:

- While using two lightsabers, turn them off (but not holstered and don't switch to a gun)

- Use force throw and the left lightsaber remains off

- This error message appears sometimes "RE_RegisterModel: NULL name"

- Reload game, alt-tab, or switch guns (with that one saber turned on)

- CRASH!

Here's another one:

- While using two lightsabers, turn them off and holster them (but don't switch to a gun)

- Do a special attack (like crouch + attack) and only the right lightsaber turns on

- Character is now acting as if he is holding both sabers, despite the left saber still being off and holstered

- This error message appears sometimes "RE_RegisterModel: NULL name"

- Reload game, alt-tab, or switch guns (with that one saber turned on)

- CRASH!

Now yes I will admit... I have been doing a few experiments with the code, BUT just now I did a full 100% reinstall of this mod with zero other mods/changes and this issue still exists. The only difference I saw was that my version has the "RE_RegisterModel: NULL name" message but that's it, the crashes and everything else is the same. I'll continue to do tests and comparisons in the memetime, but I hope someone can help out! ^_^

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...