Disabling Steam cloud destroyed the game's ability to read config files... please help.

Okay so... my game is completely ruined and I have zero ideas/people to turn to. My last thread on server issues got ignored so let's hope this one doesn't get ignored either since this issue is FAR worse... but now my game simply cannot read config files at all. I've done everything to try fixing it, everything. Want to know how this happened? All I wanted was to delete saves, but old saves kept reappearing... a minor issue yes but I wanted it to stop doing that. I noticed that Steam cloud was on, so I turned it off... and thus my game was destroyed forever. Only minutes before that I've been playing the game for weeks but now it simply 100% refuses to read any and all config files no matter what... and yes I turned it back on, but now there is no turning back. I already made a Steam discussion about this too: http://steamcommunity.com/app/6020/discussions/0/2595630410180669759/

So far I've done the following:

- Remove all mods/custom content.

- Verify integrity of game cache.

- Uninstall the game.

- Completely remove the games folder and then uninstall it.

- Rename the config files.

- Add the config execution into a shortcut.

- Add the config execution into Steam launch options.

- Double check "Documents" and "AppData" for lingering installs/files.

- Double check if the game is installed in two areas, and it isn't.

- Restore previous versions/backups of the game folder with cloud turned on.

- Restore previous versions/backups of the game folder with cloud turned off.

- Restart Steam, restart PC, etc.

- Check if "read only" was unchecked or not for these files... they are indeed unchecked this entire time.

- Try to execute the config files within the game itself.

So far the only thing that has worked is changing game options inside of the game itself... and that's it. No more custom settings, no more CVARs, no more widescreen, nothing.... and now it is simply stuck this way no matter WHAT. As you can see in that Steam discussion I've extremely confused and upset, I have NO idea why it's doing this and this might be the end for me regarding this game if I cannot get this fixed... I REALLY need help, I hope someone can help cause I'm completely lost now.

And the funny thing is... it did exactly what I wanted it to do, it did indeed delete those saves like I wanted. Too bad the game is f**ked now!

Okay so I'm very very lucky. But reverting back to an earlier point in Windows somehow fixed this? Bizarre.... I say lucky cause no one offered any help since yesterday lmao. Oh well, thanks anyways... I think.

Just use OpenJk. That does not make use of the steamcloud shit.

Everyone here doesn't have all the answers. Maybe nobody can help you that has seen your thread. I understand you're frustrated but don't assume we are withholding help for the sake of being douchebags.

Did you disable Steam Cloud entirely or just for JKA itself? It seems like it's still reading the files in the cloud, even though its turned off. Is there a way to delete cloud files manually? (I don't use steam for JKA so I have no idea, just a thought)

Sorry I'm as confused as you are, I really don't know why this happened but its perfectly fine now even with the cloud off currently. Also yeah it was frustrating either way, I sure hope that doesn't happen again haha...

But yeah sorry, also nevermind all this. I was extremely confused and frustrated so lets just forget about this.  :3