A force lightning mod. There are tons of these around, but I wanted to make my own version with some slightly altered features.
- new image for Force Lightning from JK2 I believe (I think it looks more snazzy)
- less lightning bolts drawn on screen at any given time, however individual bolts are slightly thicker (meant to make individual bolts feel more "powerful", also just for a cleaner looking lightning effect)
- the orb(s) the lightning comes out of are a bit smaller to be in better proportion to the lightning bolts
- optional ambient lighting effects for force lightning (the lighting that appears on the ground/walls/ceiling around the lightning bolts)
- choice between different colors of force lightning
PK3 packages: (explanation of what the ending suffixes mean)
B - Blue Lightning. No ambient light.
BL - Blue Lightning. Yes ambient light.
BP - Blue Lightning for levels one and two of the force power. Purple lightning for level three of the power. No ambient light.
BPL - Blue Lightning for levels one and two of the force power. Purple lightning for level three of the power. Yes to ambient light.
P - Purple Lightning. No ambient light.
PL - Purple Lightning. Yes ambient light.
I felt that in the Base JA effect and in most lightning effect mods out there, that there were too many lightning bolts drawn on screen at once. Rather, I thought the individual lightning bolts should seem more powerful, rather than the power of the lightning seeming to come from 30+ bolts on the screen at once, and I thought it looks too messy with that many bolts anyway.
The image for the lightning is borrowed from JK2 I believe which is purple by default. I borrowed a couple images from a mod on jk2files.com called "New Lightning Effects" but since jk2 files is down I can't check to see who the author was. I'm pretty sure though all he did was color the JK2 lightning effects blue.
I'll probably release a full version of this with more polish, like more lightning styles and some improvement on the look and color of the ambient lighting, but honestly I've tinkered with this for so long I just wanted to finally release something.
THIS FILE IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION PUBLISHING, INC., RAVEN SOFTWARE, OR LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY, LLC. ELEMENTS™ & © LUCASFILM LTD.™ & DISNEY, INC.™ AND/OR ITS LICENSORS. STAR WARS®, JEDI®, & JEDI KNIGHT® ARE REGISTERED TRADEMARKS OF LUCASFILM LTD™ AND WALT DISNEY, INC.™ STAR WARS®, JEDI®, & JEDI KNIGHT® ARE REGISTERED TRADEMARKS OF LUCASFILM LTD™ & DISNEY, INC.™