Trouble hosting. Friends can't see server no matter what! (Hamachi/Ports both don't work)

I'm really needing some help right now with getting my server to appear online, I've spent 2 days on this with zero results. Posting here on the forums is pretty much my last resort now before giving up...

Okay so I know what you might be thinking next, I didn't port forward right? Well yes I did, many combinations in fact! I tried... range of 29060-29062 and 29070-29081 as UDP, then I tried the same thing but with TCP only instead, and then both UDP/TCP. I also tried 29060 by itself and 29070 by itself (UDP, TCP, UDP/TCP). Despite all these port forwarding attempts and variations, my server is always located on local listings and not as an open server, and none of my friends can see it. So I figured okay... let me try Hamachi then, but NOPE that didn't work either! Even with me and my friends using Hamachi, they still cannot see my server. I tried BaseJK3 as well as OpenJK and JA+, all the same results.

I've been following both these guides trying to do this:
https://jkhub.org/tutorials/article/161-creating-a-dedicated-server-home-run-for-windows/

https://www.thejediacademy.net/articles_detail_page.php?f_id=4

I am 100% lost and have no idea what's wrong... so I'd really appreciate some assistance cause me and my friends really want to play together on a private server... so yeah thank you for reading!

EDIT: Okay so I had my friend try hosting a server instead, and literally the same issues... so w/e the problem is its not internet related but related to the game itself I think. The only thing I can think of is that these guides are leaving out something vital (maybe outdated?) or that we are somehow missing something? This is mind boggling especially when me and my friends run servers all the time for many other games.  :/

Yes I have, added it as an exception and so did my friend. Also I use Windows 7 while my friend uses Windows 10, may as well throw that info out here as well.

EDIT: I must admit that I'm actually starting to get very angry now... I've spent DAYS on this piece of s**t with zero results. Multiple friends of mine have tried to help and all with the same outcome, I really hope someone here can help with this because like I said posting here is the final option left so.... its this or nothing now. Its amazing that I'm learning new things each day regarding modding, yet for some reason one of the most basic things for this game isn't working? I just don't get it...

• 2 weeks later...