Idiot Needs Help!

traveler

Just reinstalled the game, got OpenJK and JA++ running... I think. I mean the game runs fine...

The issue I'm having is with the settings menu ingame where I can change the chatbox etc.. it don't seem to be working for me. I mainly want it for the new chatbox but when I try to turn it on nothing happens, I've looked through some of the console commands to see if that would help but some are not even recognized. After restarting the game the settings reset with no effect.

I'm running openjk.x86 through Steam with +set fs_game "japlus" in the launch options.

Seems like you have JA++ assets but not the other important things. You put everything in the japlus folder, right?

I downloaded all 4 files on the download page and put them into the japlus folder. I was getting the ui error on start up so I got openJK.

With open JK, I can see all of the JA++ options, but most of them did nothing and like I said, after a restart the options that did nothing would revert back to default, the settings that do work, graphics etc stayed the same.

I downloaded all 4 files on the download page and put them into the japlus folder. I was getting the ui error on start up so I got openJK.

With open JK, I can see all of the JA++ options, but most of them did nothing and like I said, after a restart the options that did nothing would revert back to default, the settings that do work, graphics etc stayed the same.

What UI error?

Switching from basejka to OpenJK means you also have to use the other japlus folder. So instead of GameData/japlus it'll probably be /Documents/My Games/OpenJK/japlus. Make sure everything is in that japlus folder instead of the base one.

OpenJK basically allows you to have a second base folder, both of which are used when launching the game. But anything in GameData is not used, but rather the one used in the OpenJK folder are. Hopefully that makes sense.