MEMORY LEAK Jedi Outcast HELP

Usually this happens when your have a pk3 mod whose directory structure is too deep, or the folder names are too long. The full path of every file in the .pk3 needs to be less than 64 characters. If not, you'll get this error.

There's nothing wrong with the error (it's not a memory leak), you'll just find some mods you have might not be usable or will be missing textures etc.

Usually this happens when your have a pk3 mod whose directory structure is too deep, or the folder names are too long. The full path of every file in the .pk3 needs to be less than 64 characters. If not, you'll get this error.

There's nothing wrong with the error (it's not a memory leak), you'll just find some mods you have might not be usable or will be missing textures etc.

Ah okay. Thanks.

I removed everything from the Base Folder except; assets0, assets1, assets2, assets5 and assets99.pk3 - but I'm still getting the error message. 

• 2 weeks later...

So if all you have in your base/ folder are the assets0, 1, 2, 3 and 5 files then it's an issue with the retail game and there's not really anything that can be done to fix the issue. You'll just have to ignore it.

Do you get the same issue with Jedi Outcast? I'm using the GOG (Good Old Games) version. 

Yeah, there's a JK2 build too.  I never asked, does this happen only on multiplayer, singleplayer or both?

I'm not using the Enhanced mod in JK2 only in JKA; but it's the reason why I haven't used OpenJK; in fact I think this forum has done a piss poor job of explaining what exactly OpenJK is; where to find it and how to install it.

That's mostly because it isn't done, there's no project leader, everyone is just a bunch of randomly organized volunteers, it has sort of vague goals beyond "bug fix/security fix".  It'll probably get its own website with a much clearer explanation once a relatively stable final build is made/completed.  Right now the whole thing is a beta product and not really targeted at normal players, because it isn't done yet.  At the moment, it's mostly for coders and power users who know how the game works and want to beta test it/find bugs/improve it imo.  If you want a detailed explanation of what it aims to be you have to look at the github readme.  But I thought this thread is a fair summary of where to find it and how to install it (granted the first post doesn't really summarize specifically what you're asking about, but the rest of the posts in the thread do).

JKG Developer

Yeah, there's a JK2 build too.  I never asked, does this happen only on multiplayer, singleplayer or both?

That's mostly because it isn't done, there's no project leader, everyone is just a bunch of randomly organized volunteers, it has sort of vague goals beyond "bug fix/security fix".  It'll probably get its own website with a much clearer explanation once a relatively stable final build is made/completed.  Right now the whole thing is a beta product and not really targeted at normal players, because it isn't done yet.  At the moment, it's mostly for coders and power users who know how the game works and want to beta test it/find bugs/improve it imo.  If you want a detailed explanation of what it aims to be you have to look at the github readme.  But I thought this thread is a fair summary of where to find it and how to install it (granted the first post doesn't really summarize specifically what you're asking about, but the rest of the posts in the thread do).

I only play SP.

Is there anything else more stable for JK2 that could fix this issue in a similar manner then?