Server Questions

I apologize if there was a better sub-forum for this topic. I just have three questions related to servers.

1. I've joined some servers that have a custom content redirect in that you automatically download the custom files on there when joining, rather than the server kicking you. How would I go about setting that up? I don't believe it works the same way as setting "Allow Downloads" to yes and then downloading the files directly from the server, I believe it works in that it downloads compressed versions of the files from another location. I could be wrong however.

Basically my question is, how would I go about setting that up?

2. Do custom lightsabers not show up in online multiplayer unless it's hosted on the server itself?

3. Is there a way to get modelscale mods like the one in JA+ working in vanilla Jedi Academy, or do I need a mod of some sort?

Thanks for reading, any help is appreciated!

ya need OpenJKDed bro, it fixed the sv_allowDownload and sv_allowVote exploits, 2. Yes. 3. I think so, like npcs? I got some npc mods with minijawa, minidesann, mini rancor, etc 

In regards to number 1, you can get OpenJK here.  More information about what exactly openJK is can be found here

Also any mod which is only client side won't show up for other players unless the server also has it, this includes lightsaber mods.  This is because otherwise it would allow you to impose whatever malicious commands to all clients, whenever someone uses a malware based mod, etc, obviously a bad security risk not to mention the cheating which could occur.

Pretty sure any scaling of models you want to use is not supported by native jka so you'd need a mod.

Smoo likes this

JKG Developer