Beat The Clone Wars! - Challenge

Just thought of something interesting to try. For all you hard core Rebels fans, I'm posing a challenge. We all know that Rebels came after The Clone Wars, and that it carried with it the technology and experience the studio has developed during the making of The Clone Wars, but I don't see much of that actually showing in the final product. So...

The challenge:

Find/take a screenshot from Rebels that beats the realism (film-like quality) and visual depth (composition) in this screenshot from The Clone Wars:

2je7q0h.jpg

As a bonus, if/when you do, I'll publically admit that Rebels has something going for it, after all. ;)

(In all honesty, I'm really interested how far Rebels' visuals have advanced in comparison.)

Jeff likes this

You already know my point of view on that :) So I won't be posting anything about Rebels. There are moments and designs I like, but the visual part isn't the best, at least that's not what I like there. Unlike TCW, where "behind the scenes" say, that for the final (and your favorite) scene of Season 5 D.Filoni used the photo of the sky sunset he took during the production, and the music was composed by Kevin Kiner, when he travelled to Prague, specifically for this scene, if I am not mistaken, the Rebels series show, that their strongest side is probably, that they make a stronger nod towards classics.

Specifically R.McQuarrie isn't forgotten there, as his designs for Alderaan serve as basis for Lothal. I could list a lot of things here, but that would be from the point of a designer, artist and perhaps a mapper for JA. =) All these however don't count as something truly cinematic, close to a real-action movie.

Cerez likes this

Still, I wonder if Rebels will eventually evolve in a similar way as The Clone Wars did...

It would be nice to see that sort of gradual change. The more a creator pours their heart and soul into an artwork, the more it rings true with the audience, and impacts us in ways we never would have imagined it would.

I'll still keep this challenge up. Let me know guys if something pops up as the seasons roll on.