Bybass 1000 vertices hilt limit?

Go to solution Solved by Xycaleth,

Ok I am making my 3rd saber and it is a request from someone but right when I was about to try it in the game, I got this error many probably already know: R_LoadDXM: models/weapons2/KSabers/model.glm has more than 1000 verts on a surface (1122)

I cant really cut down anymore vertices for the design, I had to rely on the texture to replace some polygons I had in there for detail.

What really confuses me is how I have a saber in my base that has 2520 verts with 2684 Tris. And it runs perfectly! :o

It's mrwonko's Sith Lightsaber --> http://jkhub.org/files/file/12-sith-lightsaber/

I been looking around the internet trying to find out how to solve this and nothing :/

Any help will be well appreciated ^^!

Thank you so much for the help! First time doing that actually didn't work only because what I did I only made it into 2 separate meshes and it still had the error. I broke it down to 4 parts now and it finally worked ^^ not sure if its how many verts I had in each mesh when splitting it for two separate parts or how many parts there are altogether, but now I know what to do next time this occurs again lol.

Thank you again!

Oh and is surface = mesh?

I had a hard time figuring out when people saying it only limits verts and not surfaces like 1000 verts on a surface wont work so I was thinking why do that since a surface (thinking faces of the model) has 3 verts instead of 1000 verts to make a single face >Xo lol