Sorry if this wasn't posted in the right place.

1. Does a mod exist which has both Ja+ and Ja Unlimited?

2. What's with the low res skybox problem? Some skyboxes always seem to go low res even if the textures are high res, unlike textures for other things. I'm usually always tinkering around with Ioquake3 related things, I've never seen this problem anywhere else.

3. Was the unedited JKA MP Source code ever released? If so where can I find it?

4. I knew the answer to this, however it has been a while since I was on JKA and I don't recall exactly what "forceRegenRate" does for NPC, some people say it sets force regens wait speed, e.g "0" = instant. I tried testing this for myself both ways by setting it to 0 and 999, but both ways the NPC could still use force, so I'm a bit confused there.

5. NPC question again, is Scale "100" the default?

6. NPC question yet again, which class/rank uses Drain the most?

7. What exactly does "hfov" etc do in NPC files?

8. Why does sometimes (Mainly for NPC) character animations freeze and spaze out in a static fashion?

9. Why is it that hilt models reset to the default hilt on servers that do not have your hilt? Rather than just using the defaults stats alone? Is there a way to disable this?

Sorry if this wasn't posted in the right place.

1. Does a mod exist which has both Ja+ and Ja Unlimited?

2. What's with the low res skybox problem? Some skyboxes always seem to go low res even if the textures are high res, unlike textures for other things. I'm usually always tinkering around with Ioquake3 related things, I've never seen this problem anywhere else.

3. Was the unedited JKA MP Source code ever released? If so where can I find it?

4. I knew the answer to this, however it has been a while since I was on JKA and I don't recall exactly what "forceRegenRate" does for NPC, some people say it sets force regens wait speed, e.g "0" = instant. I tried testing this for myself both ways by setting it to 0 and 999, but both ways the NPC could still use force, so I'm a bit confused there.

5. NPC question again, is Scale "100" the default?

6. NPC question yet again, which class/rank uses Drain the most?

7. What exactly does "hfov" etc do in NPC files?

8. Why does sometimes (Mainly for NPC) character animations freeze and spaze out in a static fashion?

9. Why is it that hilt models reset to the default hilt on servers that do not have your hilt? Rather than just using the defaults stats alone? Is there a way to disable this?

Don't have much time, so I'll answer what I can.

2. I've never seen anything like this. Have a screenshot?

3. Yep, about 2 years ago now. See https://github.com/jedis/. The original repository for the source code release got taken down by Raven (for reasons unknown), but linked is the full unedited source code for JK2 and JKA.

7. Horizontal field of view. I'm going to guess it's the angle between the NPC's left-most and right-most vision, and in which they will notice something/somebody.

8. Animation code in JKA is pretty bad. It's probably a side effect of this.

9. If the server doesn't know about the hilt, then it won't know about the hilt's stats. The client doesn't send these numbers to the server (and probably shouldn't as people could say their hilt does OP damage :)).

4. You're correct. Even if it's at 999 they could still use force powers, they just regenerate 1 FP per second (999 milliseconds). The forceMax keyword (I believe. The Kyle NPC has this field set) dictates how much force power they have. So setting it to 0 should prevent them from using powers (other than Jump, which has special handling and doesn't drain their force power). But a better way is to just alter their ranks.

5. Yes.

6. rank doesn't affect drain, dark rage, protect or absorb usage. They affect all of those powers the same. Class on the other hand might have an effect. I can't remember all of that right now.

>Xycaleth

Thanks.

2. http://s1.postimg.org/5j9n101pr/shot0200.jpg after making it 1024 it helped a little: http://s2.postimg.org/nl98ie4hl/shot0206.jpg the orginal looked crystal clear, however it shouldn't even use that skybox, it doesn't use the separate clouds either, it should use the main skybox which is this: http://s2.postimg.org/u853320xl/shot0000.png but I'd say this has to do with script/shader lines compatiability,

purpleSky
{
    surfaceparm sky
    surfaceparm noimpact
    surfaceparm nolightmap
    nopicmip
    nomipmaps
    {
        map maps/desert/purpleSky.png
    }
}

Most likely the above script/shader lines simply don't work with JKA, however it doesn't excuse the default skybox being low res.

8. It's a bit more than just that, you cannot use any force powers and you are easier to hit when stuck in this, the npc's however can still use force but they're still easier to hit. I'm also curious to what exactly triggers it in the first place.

9. I know, but what I'm saying is that rather than forcing the default model it should just force the default stats, I know the model is included in the stats but it could easyily ignore that line or work client side.

>eezstreet

Thanks.

1. Probably not; sadly one does not simply combine (code) mods.

2. I don't understand the problem. How are you creating your skybox? That shader doesn't look like a typical sky box shader. And I don't see a different between your pictures 200 and 206.

9. Another thing to keep in mind is that the model includes information on the location of the blade(s). That would also have to be overwritten with that of the default model. But I agree, it's in theory possible to allow for this on client side for sabers with one or two blades, it just requires additional code that nobody has written yet, and wouldn't work properly for backhand sabers.

1. Probably not; sadly one does not simply combine (code) mods.

2. I don't understand the problem. How are you creating your skybox? That shader doesn't look like a typical sky box shader. And I don't see a different between your pictures 200 and 206.

9. Another thing to keep in mind is that the model includes information on the location of the blade(s). That would also have to be overwritten with that of the default model. But I agree, it's in theory possible to allow for this on client side for sabers with one or two blades, it just requires additional code that nobody has written yet, and wouldn't work properly for backhand sabers.

1. I know lol, I've done some basic code work myself with Ioquake3 games, I know how it all works. I just wanted to know if Ja unlimited was ever added to Ja+ (Translation: If the creator of Ja+ ever made a version that allows unlimited models/sabers/maps etc). I didn't put coder on my profile because I quit a long time ago, now and then I tinker with some things but that's about it, I mainly wanted the JKA source code out of curiosty for a few things.

2. That map is from another Ioquake game, doesn't supprise  me that the lines don't work, I guess I'll just have to learn the JKA variant. As for the difference between the images, looks pretty different to me, the 2nd link looks much higher in quality, the first one looks blocky in comparsion, it'd be easier to notice if you flipped through the tabs back and forth.

9. Yeah, I was including that in mind, should be fine if it uses the default length alone.

1. Well there's Ja++, which as I understand it is basically an enhanced Ja+ remake, that may have increased limits, but you'd have to ask @@Raz0r.

2. Skyboxes still work as they did in Quake 3; but what you have there is not a skybox shader, it's basically just a wall. But I still don't know what your issue is. And you're right, there's a slight difference in quality after all.

9. Length alone is not enough, you also need location, as evident in backhand sabers.

1. Well there's Ja++, which as I understand it is basically an enhanced Ja+ remake, that may have increased limits, but you'd have to ask @@Raz0r.

2. Skyboxes still work as they did in Quake 3; but what you have there is not a skybox shader, it's basically just a wall. But I still don't know what your issue is. And you're right, there's a slight difference in quality after all.

9. Length alone is not enough, you also need location, as evident in backhand sabers.

1. I tried that, it was quite buggy and didn't exactly have all of Ja+'s features if I recall.

2. Not exactly, there's a fair bit of changes. The game the desert map comes from doesn't really have changes script/shader wise, the game really just has additions rather than changes, Quake 3 maps will work perfectly flawless with the game the map came from, no issue whatsoever. When I use Quake 3 maps with JKA however, there is always shader problems. JKA also seems to treat water in all Ioquake3 related maps as a hollow object, quite annoying considering the only way to fix it is to uncompile the bsp ruining the quality, If only the the water's line appeared uncomplied like the textures and spawns etc in a bsp, so I could just make an equal value change, sadly the line for the water is scattered throughout.

9. I think those should just be reset to default, I don't see much use in them anyway, they're basically just an edited staff type with one blade = less defence, less chance of hitting etc. I suppose it could just be made to make the default staff appear with one blade? I see multipile ways around it.

1. I tried that, it was quite buggy and didn't exactly have all of Ja+'s features if I recall.

When was that? It's still in development, so the bugs may have been fixed and if not you should report them.

I suppose it could just be made to make the default staff appear with one blade? I see multipile ways around it.

No it couldn't.