Custom Animations from Other Mods?

Is there anyway to get custom animations to work within jaMME?

I'm playing on RPMod, and whenever someone uses a custom animation exclusive to the mod their character does the dying emote, which means the demo just isn't usable. 

Example: https://jkhub.org/images/cHtvGqx.jpg, the two either side are using custom emotes, whilst the one in the middle is using a standard emote, which works fine.

Thanks

Grav

• 2 weeks later...

I have a response (My own fault for the delay in getting back to you, the mod creator actually responded very promptly!)

"Well, the only new enums in RPMod's anims.h are for "ledge grab" and "raise hand" animations, all others use the BaseJKA "BOTH_CIN_***" ones.

I'm thinking your issue may rather be related to the fact you can't host a RPMod game on your computer, so you're probably running these demos off BaseJKA instead. Did you try putting the RPMod-Animations.pk3 in your Base folder"

I tried putting the animations in my base folder, and two things happened.

- When I don't have an emote, it now does the automatic crucify pose (Rather than the death animation), which you usually get when you don't have animations.

- Some of the custom emotes, just do random emotes? so like I do /emsit2 and it'll do the arms crossed emote in jaMME?

Grav

You are doing it wrong at all. Don't put anything in base.

You suppose to load all other mods assets using "fs_extraGames" cvar on startup. Just modify start_jaMME.cmd with any text editor and replace "japlus japp" with "RPMod" or whatever the mod folder called. Or make your custom start_jaMME_RPMod.cmd.

I guess your issues may happen because it mixes anims from ja+ mod and rpmod.

If my solution doesn't help, then send demos, give a download link for the mod and tell me what2do to reproduce your problems.

"Well, the only new enums in RPMod's anims.h are for "ledge grab" and "raise hand" animations, all others use the BaseJKA "BOTH_CIN_***" ones.

I'm thinking your issue may rather be related to the fact you can't host a RPMod game on your computer, so you're probably running these demos off BaseJKA instead. Did you try putting the RPMod-Animations.pk3 in your Base folder"

I need their numbers anyways.