Just a suggestion / new boba fett class

Nikomaru14

I know some of you are probably thinking, "Oh great... him again...", but I have a small request for OpenJK. (And yes I read the faq and know you don't want me to give a gameplay change request, and this isn't really that) I was thinking that you should add a new npc class that acts like boba fett but is killable. This way mods can be used to create bounty hunter npcs that aren't immortal. By adding a new class it won't interfere with the scripted events of the t3_bounty level. I got the idea from this topic: http://jkhub.org/topic/3782-how-do-i-make-class-boba-fett-die/ They explain how it is done, but it should be relatively easy as far as I know.

You're probably thinking, why don't you just fork the project on github and do it yourself? Well, I tried but I am not a coder sadly and quickly got overwhelmed. Just a suggestion though, thanks for humoring me.

You're better off forking OpenJK and making a mod for your server specifically. You can follow the instructions on Github to compile OpenJK - all you have to do is follow Serenity's instructions - it is a single change to NPC_spawn.cpp on (should be) line 274 by adding // to the beginning of the line.

OpenJK is about fixing bugs and improving the game engine, not making gameplay changes. Making Boba mortal changes gameplay.