New GPU for Current Build

Hey guys, I really need a better GPU then this junky R7 240. I have a budget of about $200 provided my power supply can handle the GPU, otherwise $150 is my top dollar.

My specs are as follows:

Corsair CX430 System Builder PSU

AMD FX 6300 (No OC)

A single stick of 4gb 1600 DDR3

MSI 970a-g46 (People love to hate this board)

And 4 120mm Case fans

I also want a GPU thats price isn't getting inflated because of the bitcoin rush. I was toying with the idea of a GTX 750Ti, but I may want to swap my PSU out anyway depending on what you guys recomend. Oh and I want it to be able to atleast play modern titles on medium settings and have wiggle room to where I will still be using it for a year or two.

If I posted this in the wrong board feel free to move or remove it.

Well I have 8 cores, 8Gig RAM, Asrock motherboard and a GTX460 GPU and coupled together they run even high end games perfectly.  I was lucky though because, even though I build computers myself, my friend built it for me for free because it's his job to build computers and such so he a lot of spare parts.

I mainly use it for making music (which can be a strain on the CPU depending on what you're using) and creating games/mods so it really depends on what you're wanting to use it for to be honest.

I could speak to him and see if he has any parts he'd sell and he does sell them cheaper because I'm a friend but I can imagine you'd want brand new and not "new but been sitting on a shelf for a year or two"

The reason he does it is because somebody once helped him a lot in the past and now he believes in doing the same for others.

AshuraDX and leadarc like this

Hey guys, I really need a better GPU then this junky R7 240. I have a budget of about $200 provided my power supply can handle the GPU, otherwise $150 is my top dollar.

My specs are as follows:

Corsair CX430 System Builder PSU

AMD FX 6300 (No OC)

A single stick of 4gb 1600 DDR3

MSI 970a-g46 (People love to hate this board)

And 4 120mm Case fans

I also want a GPU thats price isn't getting inflated because of the bitcoin rush. I was toying with the idea of a GTX 750Ti, but I may want to swap my PSU out anyway depending on what you guys recomend. Oh and I want it to be able to atleast play modern titles on medium settings and have wiggle room to where I will still be using it for a year or two.

If I posted this in the wrong board feel free to move or remove it.

You should be fine to throw that card in and run alright. You have a single 12v rail of 32amps on that power supply which is good. Not sure what company you are looking at but give EVGA is a good company to stick with, especially if you run into problems. You can always stick with the CX line of Corsair PSU's and go up to the 600-750 ones a be fine for a long time, with multiple hardware upgrades. I have had the 750 cx since 2011.

Worse comes to worse when you are playing a game and  your system just shuts off upgrade the power supply!! 

Well I have 8 cores, 8Gig RAM, Asrock motherboard and a GTX460 GPU and coupled together they run even high end games perfectly.  I was lucky though because, even though I build computers myself, my friend built it for me for free because it's his job to build computers and such so he a lot of spare parts.

I mainly use it for making music (which can be a strain on the CPU depending on what you're using) and creating games/mods so it really depends on what you're wanting to use it for to be honest.

I could speak to him and see if he has any parts he'd sell and he does sell them cheaper because I'm a friend but I can imagine you'd want brand new and not "new but been sitting on a shelf for a year or two"

The reason he does it is because somebody once helped him a lot in the past and now he believes in doing the same for others.

If you can see if he has anything GTX series 650+ branded or AMD HD 7770+ let me know. Alot of cards on newegg are being inflated by the bitcoin craze.

Doesn't matter I already got him sorted with one for a good price from my friend.  He builds computers for a living so he pretty much knows what he's talking about when it comes to things like this.  Besides $159 is kinda over his budget and since my friend is giving him one that's less cash but better performance then yeh it's all good.  Yes it's one that he's used in the past but it's also the same model GPU that I have and it's more than good enough for what he needs.

This way he gets a pretty good graphics card that can run games on ultra (if the rest of his specs match it of course) for a good price plus he's able to spend the remaining cash, all of which he would have blown on a GPU, on other things for his computer.