Star Wars: The Old Republic: Darth Revan

Hey, everybody.

So, me and DarthDementous--we're both extreme KotOR nerds--were talking and I brought up the idea of writing a new book based on Darth Revan, starting from his advance to save the Republic to his near-death on his flagship. I thought it would be a fun project and a good way to elaborate on what Darth Revan's associations were, what he believed in, what his philosophy was, and what legacies he left behind, and all that. I just decided to whip up a little WIP cover for the story and I was wondering if I could get your opinion on how to make it better.

gHhz4Uc.jpg

I would remove the TOR logo, and move the Darth Revan text to where it was, add a red or purple (hologram type?) light shining on Revan, perhaps move revan up a bit and have some sort of vague figure in the hologram looking at him. For the SW logo, I would add some sort of faint grungy rock texture over it, and a sharp thin black border around it, rather than the pale red. The Darth Revan text I would also add some sort of horizontal gradient over. And for the main background, I'd add some sort of faint hanger bay/workshop/any room with pieces of equipment and stuff lying about.

Looks and sounds intriguing. ^_^

As far as book covers go, this is neat and does a nice enough job to stand out and catch the reader's interest -- which is what a book cover's purpose is, really. Omicron has some interesting creative ideas above that could benefit the design, but I think it's great work either way.

Graphics-wise my only gripe is with the white outline around the TOR logo... Either add a small white glow to it, or find a cleaner source image.

Alright, I made a few tweaks here and there that might make the current cover look better. Don't worry Omicron, I haven't disregarded any of your ideas. I would just like an opinion on this as well before pressing on.

CjkuAQN.jpg

I wasn't expecting you to do my whole idea; it's just what I would do if it were handed to me and I had to make something. I would change the font for "A novel of the Old Republic" to something that looks a little bit more modern, but not as much as the font used on the bottom. Can't really think of what font though atm, don't have gimp and my massive font collection

Lamented likes this