KOTOR - How to replace sounds?

Hello, I'm planning to make polish dubbing for KOTOR, but I still don't know how to compress/export new sounds for NPCs to make it work with the game. What I tried to do is record the translated sentence, export it to mp3 and changed the extension to .wav and just replace it with the original file, but it doesn't work at all. What do I do?

it could just be the way you worded that, but are you actually CONVERTING the MP3 to WAV? or are you renaming the file.

I'm going to assume you're converting it, in which case, if I recall the audio files have a specific compression on them that has to match. I can't recall what it is though.

it could just be the way you worded that, but are you actually CONVERTING the MP3 to WAV? or are you renaming the file.

I'm going to assume you're converting it, in which case, if I recall the audio files have a specific compression on them that has to match. I can't recall what it is though.

If this is so I'd say you should just stick with mp3, since wav's get clunky and huge.

JKG Developer

I know, I only got it to work by using "Compress" thingy on .wav files in Miles Sound Studio, but that's kinda ridiculous since I have to do it on every single file, that's a lot of files to compress. Normal MP3s or WAVs won't just work in the game.

If you're compressing the WAV's anyway, use MP3. WAV's are lossless and are meant to keep quality, not space.

That's unrelated though. I honestly have no idea about sounds in KOTOR. I recommend comparing the vanilla sounds and work from there.

Moving to general tech help.

• 1 month later...