New ambient song W.I.P

• 3 weeks later...

I believe that I made the majority of it using Alchemy but I rather stupidly didn't save the project file so I'll have to do it again :angry:   I haven't actually created an entire song yet because I'm too busy messing around with vst's and sometimes I hear one that I like and I just make a little song revolving around it which is the case with this one.

Mandalorian likes this

cool I'll look into it.

I'm a guitarist myself albeit self taught. I always go for ambient delay efx. I re listenend to your palpatine impersonation, Some of it is quite good but other parts are a bit to accented? Not sure how to put it. I'm thinking of doing a few Boba Fett impersonations for a  map I'm working on, going for the old school voice. I can do some fairly decent american accents despite being Australian, seeing as American propoganda has saturated my culture I am not surprised at this.

@@Mandalorian I taught myself how to play synthesizer pretty much.  I'd be a LOT better but I'm always juggling multiple things such as 3D modeling, drawing, singing, concepts, etc. so I'm not professional at one particular thing.  There are people that have been a 3D model artist just as long as me but they are superior because they focused all of their learning into that thing alone whereas I focused on multiple things xD  In the old days I'd have to plug a line-in from a keyboard into my microphone socket and use Audacity for multi-track recording.  Of course that was a pain in the ass because if you made one mistake you had to do the entire part again.  Now I use Fruity Loops and have a full 88 key MIDI controller.

I think that my main problem is that I've seen/heard other peoples work on the internet over the years, people who are better than me so I think to myself "What's the point?"  I'm not jealous or anything, it actually makes me aspire to be better and I suppose that everybody is good in their own way.  Let's face it the music that you or I make comes from our imagination and that makes it unique.

I wish that I could play the guitar but I'm left handed and I'm too lazy to go and buy a guitar, re-string it and learn to play it.  If you're looking for a great variety of synth sounds then you should try Omnisphere but it's library is about 50Gig in size however it is quite extensive.  I do prefer Alchemy though as you get a LOT more control over the instruments.
I'm not going to deny that the voice is bad in places but it's hard to maintain that gruffness without hurting your vocal chords.  I'm pretty good at doing American accents too lol.  I once went an entire match on XBox live talking in an American accent and they all believed that I was an American lol.  I can do several other impersonations such as Mr. Burns, Mayor Quimby and a few others.

Mandalorian likes this