Area Portals w/ Skip System Texture..

http://map-forge.net/wiki/doku.php?id=tutorials:areaportals_data:areaportals1

I'm running into problems with this method not working properly for making area portals. From what this says I basically make a door. Then, I make my area portal brush. Do I cover the entire area portal brush in SKIP texture and then pick one side and then place AREA PORTAL texture on that one side only?

What is happening is my door will open, but, my player can't walk through the area portal. He's blocked. Now If I use the older method of just using the area portal on the entire brush, My player isn't blocked. Any ideas as to why this happens?

You may not have a proper system.shader with a skip shader. Does the skip texture in the texture browser have the outline that shaders like areaportal have? (Or can you shift-click it to open its shader?)

Actually, this should be easy to spot ingame as well. If you approach the door from the other direction, is there a brush with skip written on it visible inside the door? Unless only Q3Map2 can't find the shader due to being incorrectly set up, but JKA finds it...

I never tried it from the other end, actually. Everytime I made a door the area portal went on the players side. However, it seems that I don't have the skip shader and its just a texture. Never really noticed that until you mentioned it. Now, where does someone get the skip shader?