Is it possible to mute music?

Go to solution Solved by Pande,

Hi people

I have a map with music in it. But I would like to mute the music at some certain areas of the map or if possible add diferent one. Is it possible or do I have to use speakers for it?

Thanks for any possible help

You can use a speaker with the global flag to play the sound as if it's music. You should be able to then mute it with ICARUS, but you won't have control over volume in that way. You'll just be able to cut it off and then restart it at a later time, from the beginning of the file.

There may be other ways to do what you want, can you describe it a bit more in context to your map?

My map will be Coruscant undercity. There I have music added to Worldspawn already, I'll be finishing club soon where would I like to add differnet music then which is being played in the whole map.

So for example player stands before the club and he can hear music that plays in the whole map. Then he enteres club and music changes to something else

• Solution

Ah, I see. That might be doable with scripting on entering/exiting the club, however there is this problem:

A global sound will play full volume throughout the level.

Activator sounds will play on the player that activated the target.

Global and activator sounds can't be combined with looping.

You won't be able to loop the music, unfortunately. However.. if you knew the exact length of time of the music (+ you could merge a bunch of songs together) you could have it loop in the script.

Vartex likes this