Script Issues

I've been working on a small project for the past few days now, it's basically a script that translates "English Only blah blah blah" into 6 languages. The script works fine, that isn't the issue. The problem is that whenever I attempt to open the console, the game crashes. I have no idea why this happens.

Here's the script:

// Universal Translator Script 
// Created by Mog
// Translates "English Only" to 6 common langages of JKA
// Do not copy this script without proper permission, under penalty of airhumping.

// The Proposal/Binds

bind , "vstr prv_mmsg"  // Previous Message
bind . "vstr nxt_mmsg"  // Next Message
bind - "vstr exe_mmsg"  // Say the Message 

// The Conference/Command List

seta Msg_1 "echo ^7French; set exe_mmsg say ^7S'il vous plaît parler anglais sur ce serveur.; set prv_mmsg vstr Msg_6; set nxt_mmsg vstr Msg_2"
seta Msg_2 "echo ^7Polish; set exe_mmsg say ^7Prosze mówic po angielsku na tym serwerze.; set prv_mmsg vstr Msg_1; set nxt_mmsg vstr Msg_3"
seta Msg_3 "echo ^7Russian; set exe_mmsg say ^7Pozhaluysta, govoryat na angliyskom yazyke na etom servere.; set prv_mmsg vstr Msg_2; set nxt_mmsg vstr Msg_4"
seta Msg_4 "echo ^7German; set exe_mmsg say ^7Bitte sprechen Sie auf diesem Server Englisch.; set prv_mmsg vstr Msg_3; set nxt_mmsg vstr Msg_5"
seta Msg_5 "echo ^7Italian; set exe_mmsg say ^7Si prega di parlare inglese su questo server.; set prv_mmsg vstr Msg_4; set nxt_mmsg vstr Msg_6"
seta Msg_6 "echo ^7Spanish; set exe_mmsg say ^7Hable Inglés en este servidor.; set prv_mmsg vstr Msg_5; set nxt_mmsg vstr Msg_1"

// The Handshake/Initiation

set prv_mmsg "vstr Msg_6"
set nxt_mmsg "vstr Msg_2"
set exe_mmsg "vstr Msg_1"

The script is located in the base folder. Also, I'm running JA+ with JA++.

Like I said earlier, the script works just fine...so long as I execute it in the main menu.....any time I try to execute the script in game or just try to go into the console while it's active....I crash. If I remove the script from the base folder, the crashes stop.

I would really like this issue to be solved as soon as possible, as I would wish to have this file made ready for use by the weekend, if possible.

Mog