i would like to upload my map.

If you haven't created any custom textures etc., just a new map, it would be enough to upload the .bsp you get when compiling. But usually you'd put all the custom files required by your map (including the map itself) into a zip archive and rename it to .pk3. Check out some custom maps - the .pk3 files are just zip archives so archiving programs like 7-zip or winrar can open them just fine - to see what it should look like.

brendhanbb likes this

If you haven't created any custom textures etc., just a new map, it would be enough to upload the .bsp you get when compiling. But usually you'd put all the custom files required by your map (including the map itself) into a zip archive and rename it to .pk3. Check out some custom maps - the .pk3 files are just zip archives so archiving programs like 7-zip or winrar can open them just fine - to see what it should look like.

thanks but how do put the file into zip archive and does it automatically change the bsp into a pk3 it says i cant upload the bsp file on this site though :(

I'd suggest using Winrar to zip it up:

And I'd suggest 7-zip, which is basically the same except better and free.

• Add the .bsp file to a .zip file using Winrar

Take care to keep it inside a maps folder, i.e. have a maps folder in the archive.

...Someone should write a tutorial about this.

Yes. And about a lot of other things.