In need of some Enclave love.

Hey y'all

Alright, so I've always had this thing for the Fallout series since it debuted in the mid 90's. Since my favorite in the series was Fallout 2, and it just so happens that I am a fan of the Enclave faction in the game, I had since then wanted to make my own Enclave Power Armor.....

Well, that failed miserably....however, I may still have a chance to lead the Enclave charge into JKA (Don't worry, not gonna poison you all with an FEV virus). Basically, I'm requesting a custom skin/model of the Enclave Power Armor/Character from Fallout 2...something like this:

20110224230905!RemnantsPowerArmor.png

Also, It would be awesome if the model could be compatible with custom RGB colors....so that I can live my dreams of being a bright purple Enclave soldier with a lightsaber!

As far as I seen, it's very rare for people to take on random model requests from other people in the jka community. Unless that particular idea gets someone excited enough to give it a go,and those are in a minority I'm afraid. (or you're best buds with said modeler)

If you have a project you really want done, it's a great way to get into modeling really. From what I seen it's easier to get a response asking for help/tips on something you're doing on your own, instead of asking others to do the task for you.

You said you failed before, try again but get people's feedback on the process, to help you out on the way :P Even noobs can get a good result for their first project, they just need to rework their models a lot more. Good feedback will help you with what to rework as well. A character model is a big first though, with the modeling, unwrapping, texturing and weighting all being very important steps which takes a lot more effort than your first saber model for example. (unless you're making some really insane saber)

So yeah, dunno if that motivates you to try or not, but by the time you manage to convince someone to start making this for you, you might be done with your first try on it yourself already.

Not the reply you'd want, but a fair and honest one. And hey, someone might actually say yes still :) I know personally I'm not up for this project, sorry.