Satori (Map in progress)

Thought I'd share a demo video of the map I'm creating, called 'Satori'. I don't know if I'll ever find time to finish it but this is what I've done so far. I didn't really have a concept for creating this map, I just started building whatever I thought would be cool to explore or hangout in.

The torch room is a small duel room. Through that is a pit room which leads to the pool room. Once you turn on the lights you can find a switch to light up the underwater tunnel in the pool. At full health you can swim through it to get the only shield pack. There are health packs in the shield room and the pool room to recover afterwards. I may extend the shield room with connected passages and rooms so that there is more incentive to travel through the tunnel, but for now you just get to max your shields. If you leave the pool room and open the door in the pit room, there is a hallway which leads to the elevator shaft. The elevator takes you to a larger dueling pad with a starry night sky. I consider this pad to be the central area of the map like JK3 Taspir, and the intention is to have lit buildings that you can explore on the outskirts of this pad. I wanted it to be big enough that it's fun to duel and hangout on, but still have some risk of falling off the edges or down the shaft if you're careless, like what would often happen on the JK2 Bespin pad.

The ambient music is from a YouTube channel called "Meditative Mind". After a tour of the map this demo simply shows the multiple ways you can die to the environment. If I find more time to develop this map, I'll post the updates in this thread.

Minoda, Smoo and Lancelot like this