Idea for JKA MP TTT map.

TTT = Trouble in Terrorist Town 

I want to build this map for JAWA to run this event for others to enjoy. I figured asking community for ideas could be useful. I am not super knowledgeable about TTT, only played rough version of it on JKA. I think a map designed specifically for it would be fun. This wont be a clan map just a map others can enjoy. Also would like to make the map useful for other event ideas not just TTT.

The idea:
Most of this should be similar to what they did in Half-Life 2 mods, trying to make it work for JKA. The event is run by a host who picks who the terrorist are in secret.

Win conditions:

1. Innocents win if kill all terrorist or unlock escape room and enter it.
  2. Terrorist win if Kill all innocents.

Concept idea: Innocents need to figure out who are terrorist and kill them, or open locks that let everyone escape. Lock buttons are placed around the map in different rooms, traps can be placed leading to the rooms or also in the rooms as well. "vents" are only used by terrorist so they can quickly get around the map. The vents will shoot the player to different parts of the map. The locks are on a three min or so timer where no one can hit that button after it’s been unlocked. Once timer runs out, a terrorist can in turn relock the escape route. This also acts as a check to see who a terrorist is, if caught relocking buttons. The idea is to incentivize entering dangerous rooms and player movement/interaction around the environment. Most rooms will have two or three ways to enter or exit, with a few dead ends. The map flows equivalent to three figure eights overlapping each other. Visual hierarchy, points of interest, and landmarks are key so players can easily navigate to their intended destination without feeling lost. Lastly some spots on the map will randomly become dangerous, for example a tie-fighter flying through a tunnel players need to jump across to get to the other side of lava/abyss. Maps designed for terrorist but balanced to feel fair.

Map theme/ layout:
Lobby starting room leading to three separate play areas. (May reduce to one or two due to entity limits)

1. No traps / no escape room, small play area. (Not sure yet)
  2. Traps / no escape room, medium play area. (Not sure yet)
  3. Traps / escape room, large play area. (Abandoned Imperial underground facility.)

Debating on using mainly JKA assets over custom assets to save on file size. Any thoughts about this concept would be greatly appreciated.

Might post some concept drawings in future.... currently have artist block thinking of a good map layout.

Smoo likes this