Star Wars Deepfakes

As many of you may already know, deepfakes have become very popular recently. Star Wars related videos of that kind are no exception. So that's why I wanted to start this topic for everyone to share and talk about their favourites.

Personally, despite the high quality many deepfakes have,

I've just read that ILM has hired a Youtuber called Shamook, who made his own version of Luke Skywalker's appearance in The Mandalorian. He also reworked Tarkin and Leia in Rogue One.

Although those deepfakes look indeed fantastic, I still respect the work the special effect people have done for the Star Wars films. After all, it was all about making the characters recognisable. They were doing their best with the available technology. The whole special effects process is not about getting something perfect instantly, but also to develop it even further and raise the bar again. Every film is like a timestamp displaying the evolution of special effects.

Another deepfake that really impressed me was made by stryder HD, who put Millie Bobby Brown's face on Princess Leia.

DarthValeria and OCD2 like this