[CODING] New Force Powers: Guns

Hey all,

I'm finally trying to get into source code edits and figured the best way to get my foot in the water would be to try and mix and match features from other code mods. In particular, I'm trying to bring the Gunnery System from OJP Enhanced to a clean build of JA++. I've learned quite a bit.

OJP Enhanced essentially treats guns as new force powers. I got quite far just copying over lines from various files, but I got stumped with game/w_force.c

From what I can tell, OJP's Gunnery code calls for me to execute this loop within void WP_InitForcePowers():

//[ExpSys]
//apply our additional force powers
for(i_r=0; forcePowers[i] && forcePowers[i] != '\n' && i_r < NUM_SKILLS; i_r++, i++)
{
	readBuf[0] = forcePowers[i];
	readBuf[1] = 0;

ent->client->skillLevel[i_r] = atoi(readBuf);
}
//[/ExpSys]

But JA++ looks like the void WP_InitForcePowers() function was rewritten drastically, using different variables and functions altogether.

I'm looking at 2 GitHub commits from 2006 as my bible on this journey:

JETPACK (Inception of Gunnery System): https://github.com/OpenJediProject/OJP/commit/49b0e5e4aec8ce5eea2ae86ffce9bb4a41c73b23
PISTOLS+BLASTERS+THERMALS+ROCKETS (Extra Guns added later) https://github.com/OpenJediProject/OJP/commit/05794119203790c198649fc5dee13799622839bb#diff-ed8f5bf9b1c13b35283e654fe8114bae

You can take a look at my progress at this GitHub page: https://github.com/Setrilo/japp/tree/Setrilo-Gunnery-System/game It's just a fork of JA++ but with the changes I've implemented from looking at those OJP commits from 2006. The game/w_force.cpp within this repository is the one file in question.

I would really appreciate any and all help getting over this roadblock. Even if it's just breaking down what the code I pasted is trying to do. I'd be especially grateful if someone is familiar with the changes to void WP_InitForcePowers() and could explain why they were made or how to interpret those changes. I plan on doing original code myself down the road but all of my ideas involve having a good understanding of how force powers, weapons, and character initialization/spawning are handled - so I'm eager to see this code work!

2 hours ago, Setrilo said:

Hey all,

I'm finally trying to get into source code edits and figured the best way to get my foot in the water would be to try and mix and match features from other code mods. In particular, I'm trying to bring the Gunnery System from OJP Enhanced to a clean build of JA++. I've learned quite a bit.

OJP Enhanced essentially treats guns as new force powers. I got quite far just copying over lines from various files, but I got stumped with game/w_force.c

From what I can tell, OJP's Gunnery code calls for me to execute this loop within void WP_InitForcePowers():

//[ExpSys]
//apply our additional force powers
for(i_r=0; forcePowers[i] && forcePowers[i] != '\n' && i_r < NUM_SKILLS; i_r++, i++)
{
	readBuf[0] = forcePowers[i];
	readBuf[1] = 0;

ent->client->skillLevel[i_r] = atoi(readBuf);
}
//[/ExpSys]

But JA++ looks like the void WP_InitForcePowers() function was rewritten drastically, using different variables and functions altogether.

I'm looking at 2 GitHub commits from 2006 as my bible on this journey:

JETPACK (Inception of Gunnery System): https://github.com/OpenJediProject/OJP/commit/49b0e5e4aec8ce5eea2ae86ffce9bb4a41c73b23
PISTOLS+BLASTERS+THERMALS+ROCKETS (Extra Guns added later) https://github.com/OpenJediProject/OJP/commit/05794119203790c198649fc5dee13799622839bb#diff-ed8f5bf9b1c13b35283e654fe8114bae

You can take a look at my progress at this GitHub page: https://github.com/Setrilo/japp/tree/Setrilo-Gunnery-System/game It's just a fork of JA++ but with the changes I've implemented from looking at those OJP commits from 2006. The game/w_force.cpp within this repository is the one file in question.

I would really appreciate any and all help getting over this roadblock. Even if it's just breaking down what the code I pasted is trying to do. I'd be especially grateful if someone is familiar with the changes to void WP_InitForcePowers() and could explain why they were made or how to interpret those changes. I plan on doing original code myself down the road but all of my ideas involve having a good understanding of how force powers, weapons, and character initialization/spawning are handled - so I'm eager to see this code work!

i am not an expert coder, but i am interessed about the technical aspect of that, maybe i can learn something. Exactly, how work the gunnery system that are you trying to recreate? weapons are into force powers slot instead of weapon slots? there is the possibility to have weapon variations or external libraries for customzie visual effect or balistic of the weapons? (like JKG do)

PS: i ever coded on SP, so i am not sure how many i can help you with MP code. and my code is quite old cause is openjk distro of may 2013.

7 hours ago, Asgarath83 said:

Exactly, how work the gunnery system that are you trying to recreate?

The basic functionality of OJP Enhanced's Gunnery System is that it creates a new window on the Force Power Selection Screen titled "Gunnery". Inside, there are a list of guns (Pistol, Blaster, Thermal Detonators, Rockets, etc) with different tiers that you can spend your unspent points on, much like how force powers work. The only difference is if you choose one of these gun talents, you don't get a force power, you just spawn with said gun. Just like when a force power gets stronger the higher its tier, the higher tier gun, the more ammo it has. In effect, choosing guns instead of force powers will make you more like a soldier instead of a Jedi. Or, you can be a hybrid.

I have no doubt this system, or a very similar one, is how Movie Battles II treats its guns, but to my knowledge their project is not Open Source. So, the next best thing I could find was OJP Enhanced. I haven't looked into Jedi Knight Galaxies at all, but from what I understand their system does not use force powers but instead an item-purchasing and inventory-management system. The code I'm referring to has is not related to weapon slots or customization features, but if I get this code to run, anything is possible down the road.

I'm using the JA++ code as a starting point with which to merge the OJP Gunnery functionality, using those commits from 2006 I linked above as exact instructions of which files I have to edit, and what exactly to change. As you can expect, this path has me editing a lot of files like:

• game/bg_misc.cpp (handles cost of each force tier. So for instance, how a Rocket Launcher costs 4 pts @ tier one, 6 pts @ tier two, and 8pts @ tier three)
  • game/g_client.cpp (handles how you are bestowed the weapon, based on "skillLevel" upon spawn)
  • game/g_items.cpp (not sure tbh since I have no idea what "RegisterItem(BG_FindItemForWeapon(WP_SABER))" and the like are actually doing. Anyone help?)
  • game/w_force.cpp (handles resetting and applying force powers and "skilllevel"s at some sort of initialization step. Not sure what it is doing - this is the file I need help with)
  • game/bg_public.h (replace NUM_FORCE_POWERS with NUM_TOTAL_SKILLS)
  • game/g_local.h (defines "skillLevel" array)
  • qcommon/q_shared.h (defines NUM_TOTAL_SKILLS as combination of NUM_SKILLS+NUM_FORCE_POWERS. NUM_TOTAL_SKILLS will replace NUM_FORCE_POWERS in files like bg_misc.cpp)
  • ui/ui_force.cpp (changes from NUM_FORCE_POWERS to NUM_TOTAL_SKILLS)
  • ui/ui_main.cpp (something about shifting an index of an array so that ownerDraw can identify new force powers? Also a similar function to ui/ui_shared.cpp with ownerDraw cases)
  • ui/ui_shared.cpp (handles cases for ownerDraw, so it adds the UI_FORCE_RANK_PISTOL, UI_FORCE_RANK_BLASTER, etc integers as cases)
  • ui/menudef.h (defines UI_FORCE_RANK_PISTOL, etc as integer values to be referenced later through ownerDraw in ingame_playerforce.menu)
  • ui/ui_force.h (changes from NUM_FORCE_POWERS to NUM_TOTAL_SKILLS)

I've come so far and made many changes. You can see exactly what I've done in the commit history of my GitHub I posted. The project builds successfully, but because of the bug with game/w_force.cpp, it doesn't function correctly and I don't know why.

In addition (potentially unrelated to w_force.cpp), when I attempt to use my definitions "UI_FORCE_RANK_PISTOL" in ingame_playerforce.menu, I get a console error ingame which says ownerDraw was expecting an integer value. This makes sense, as UI_FORCE_RANK_PISTOL was defined as "299" in ui/menudef.h, and so changing ownerDraw UI_FORCE_RANK_PISTOL to 299 in ingame_playerforce.menu seems to remedy this problem. What would cause this definition to not be recognized?

If you have any insights into any of this MP code, I would greatly appreciate it. Even explaining how the SP force powers operate could give some great insight into what's going on.

Asgarath83 likes this

yes, galaxy not touch force power code at any way, now is late here on italy but tomorrow i hope i can talk you about that is my coding experience.

maybe there is something that can help each other.

Hoever... Woah! So, you use the force power menu screns of MP for allow something like the game saint row the third, when you go into a gun shop and you can purchase with money gun upgrades into gun slots. on these game there are also gun swapping into gun slots, but there are also increasing of guns powers. example

Sherpad

Liv 1: default shepard gun

Liv 2: more ammo bullets into a gun reload )

Liv 3: more amo bullet into a gun reload

Liv 4: the bullets now are explosive. (so splashdamage, radius and knockback)

so, is something like that, but spending force powers? ? is very amazing, maybe you can be interessed into examinating the code of gunslinger academy of eezstreet, there are a nice weapon swapping features that maybe can help you.

The problem? there not exist commkit of this old eez works so is hard to reply >.<

if not, i really incorpirate it on my project.

my project instead is for Single Player game and revert more JKA into some more RPG fantasy styel erasing a lot of limitations, but i punch myself with restriction of code that make things very hard. i not know how to swap weapons dropped by chars, and i not know how create a working external library for create weapins items etc as JKG do, i am not an expert. i tryed to reply and port on SP JKG code on may 2019 but i failed . i had success only with Means of Damage libraries. my problem is simple: 32 weapons and force powers for make my projects are too low, i need a TONS of stuff and a more flexible system for weapons and force powers.

for the moment, cause i not know how to hell do external LIB as SAB files for customize weapons, i can only create an icarus scrioting system and NPC new strings command that allow to customize weapons

for example, if an NPC have

weapon WP_BLASTER_PISTOL

guntype revolver

the blaster pistol is override with a revolver so use revolver model, shoot bullet efx and deal different kind of damage balistic etc etc. that is the maximum i can get with my skills. the trouble is that i was forced to deatcitave the weapon dropping cause NPC killed drop default weapon model stored into weapons.dat and was really ugly to see .

i really need a coder help for end my task, but honestlyu i not know where i can find it. and,.. i am a lot desperate on that sense.

there are some things that i really need fto force about code.

i increased the cap of weapon limit after years of pauin, from 32 to 256 slots, and i can assign weapon slots as weapon categories, armors, items, consumable etc, but that is the best i can do alone. not much elegant for make an RPG.

18 hours ago, Setrilo said:

The basic functionality of OJP Enhanced's Gunnery System is that it creates a new window on the Force Power Selection Screen titled "Gunnery". Inside, there are a list of guns (Pistol, Blaster, Thermal Detonators, Rockets, etc) with different tiers that you can spend your unspent points on, much like how force powers work. The only difference is if you choose one of these gun talents, you don't get a force power, you just spawn with said gun. Just like when a force power gets stronger the higher its tier, the higher tier gun, the more ammo it has. In effect, choosing guns instead of force powers will make you more like a soldier instead of a Jedi. Or, you can be a hybrid.

I have no doubt this system, or a very similar one, is how Movie Battles II treats its guns, but to my knowledge their project is not Open Source. So, the next best thing I could find was OJP Enhanced. I haven't looked into Jedi Knight Galaxies at all, but from what I understand their system does not use force powers but instead an item-purchasing and inventory-management system. The code I'm referring to has is not related to weapon slots or customization features, but if I get this code to run, anything is possible down the road.

I'm using the JA++ code as a starting point with which to merge the OJP Gunnery functionality, using those commits from 2006 I linked above as exact instructions of which files I have to edit, and what exactly to change. As you can expect, this path has me editing a lot of files like:

• game/bg_misc.cpp (handles cost of each force tier. So for instance, how a Rocket Launcher costs 4 pts @ tier one, 6 pts @ tier two, and 8pts @ tier three)
  • game/g_client.cpp (handles how you are bestowed the weapon, based on "skillLevel" upon spawn)
  • game/g_items.cpp (not sure tbh since I have no idea what "RegisterItem(BG_FindItemForWeapon(WP_SABER))" and the like are actually doing. Anyone help?)
  • game/w_force.cpp (handles resetting and applying force powers and "skilllevel"s at some sort of initialization step. Not sure what it is doing - this is the file I need help with)
  • game/bg_public.h (replace NUM_FORCE_POWERS with NUM_TOTAL_SKILLS)
  • game/g_local.h (defines "skillLevel" array)
  • qcommon/q_shared.h (defines NUM_TOTAL_SKILLS as combination of NUM_SKILLS+NUM_FORCE_POWERS. NUM_TOTAL_SKILLS will replace NUM_FORCE_POWERS in files like bg_misc.cpp)
  • ui/ui_force.cpp (changes from NUM_FORCE_POWERS to NUM_TOTAL_SKILLS)
  • ui/ui_main.cpp (something about shifting an index of an array so that ownerDraw can identify new force powers? Also a similar function to ui/ui_shared.cpp with ownerDraw cases)
  • ui/ui_shared.cpp (handles cases for ownerDraw, so it adds the UI_FORCE_RANK_PISTOL, UI_FORCE_RANK_BLASTER, etc integers as cases)
  • ui/menudef.h (defines UI_FORCE_RANK_PISTOL, etc as integer values to be referenced later through ownerDraw in ingame_playerforce.menu)
  • ui/ui_force.h (changes from NUM_FORCE_POWERS to NUM_TOTAL_SKILLS)

I've come so far and made many changes. You can see exactly what I've done in the commit history of my GitHub I posted. The project builds successfully, but because of the bug with game/w_force.cpp, it doesn't function correctly and I don't know why.

In addition (potentially unrelated to w_force.cpp), when I attempt to use my definitions "UI_FORCE_RANK_PISTOL" in ingame_playerforce.menu, I get a console error ingame which says ownerDraw was expecting an integer value. This makes sense, as UI_FORCE_RANK_PISTOL was defined as "299" in ui/menudef.h, and so changing ownerDraw UI_FORCE_RANK_PISTOL to 299 in ingame_playerforce.menu seems to remedy this problem. What would cause this definition to not be recognized?

If you have any insights into any of this MP code, I would greatly appreciate it. Even explaining how the SP force powers operate could give some great insight into what's going on.

mmm i should examinate carefully your entire project code for reallly help you and that require a lot of time that a moment i have not much, but about force powers, on SP i addeed successfully 16 new force powers so i guess i can give you some insight: into the Tutorial section of that forum there are 3 my old tutorials: one explain how to add new saber colors (but missing UI support), one how to add new weapons and the third how to add new force powers into SP. well the force powers name are definited into an enum inside q_shared.h at least on openjk distro of may 2013. 

the NEW force powrs need to be configured added that into a lot of arrays, that allow you to scroll up and to be recognize from the player and to use and set with consolle command. there is also an eezstreet tutorial about how to add a new force power into MP.

what i can suggest you to bind the rank of weapons upgrade level to the force power levels. so basically if an entity have a "GUN_UPGRADE" force power at level 2, weapon have a rank 2 and are setted by code to the 2nd level of power with new ammos , better shot, whatever you want.

About using a force power that are initialized from a cmd statement that bind the F key, into a switch statement, to the various force power.

example:

case FP_ASBORB

force_absorb (ent);

case FP_PROTECT

force_protect (ent), etc

something like that, so basically when player press "f" key engine call the function "void force_protect" void force_absorb. and it is executed and readed.

many of these powers are into w_force.c inside MP and into wp_saber.cpp into SP code.

protection effect from damage IS not into wp_saber.cpp if i remember fine is into G_combat...

push/pull is called force throw and is a qboolean, so one value throw a push second a pull.

the visual effects of some force powers like heal and rage and dealed into w_force.c/wp_saber.cpp, instead, the visual fx of stuff like sense, protect and absorb and lightning and drain are setted into cg_players.cpp

for RUn a force power, when is used the void that use the specific force power function, is used also a general network of various stuff:

WP_forcepowerrun: (stuff that is executed WHEN force power is active.

WP_forcepowerstart (stuff executed when force power is tarted with "f" key from player

WP_FORCEPOWERSTOP: the force power execution is terminated.

you should be suprise to see that some stuff like force power grip NOT work into the void force grip and into forcepowerstart, just the "blocking" the entity. grip 2 and 3 and throw and choke and allow to carry a foe, are into forcepowerrun , if i remember, fine.

but i not thing you need all this stuff, you need just the system of force_power_level i guess. something like

if entity is the player and force power level [GUN_UPGRADE] is 2 

do that, do this do that and customize in that way WP_BLASTER_PISTOL,

if is to level 2, to that, that and that, etc.

and so away. in that way, the force power rank values can be used for add perk and upgrade weapon powers.

BUT , you should add also UI support for allow to players of deathmatch to gain, spend and add force power points to their new "force powers" related to weapons upgrade. 

i never played around UI code, and to MP code, so on that side, i can't help you. :(

there is also an interessing force power into jedi academy enhanced source code called Force Destruction that shoot a projectile of force with concussion rifle function. Well, that all i know, my friend. if you check my force power tutorial (SP) and eezstreet MP power tutorial, you can see how add the new force power that at various ranks as effect ovveride the weapons powers.

the more different task are not to create new force power to assign for weapons update. if you follow that tutorial, add new force powers slots will be easily.

your challenge are.

- weapon upgrade system linked to force powers rank value FORCE_POWER_LEVEL.

- UI interface for make that powers available to MP players

- be sure that using the UI consolle for spending force point power for upgrade weapons affect the weapons of players when they spawn later.

Or, at least, thatshould be the way about i'll fix that at your place. you not need to make these "force powers" usables for players, obvious, they should be passive skills, exactly like saber defense, offence and force jump.

That all makes perfect sense. I've seen those tutorials and planned on giving them a full read, but I wasn't sure they'd actually help this particular problem. However, the way you're explaining though seems really insightful. I might have to do everything again from the ground up, but honestly I'm not sure how well I expected outright copying a bunch of someone else's code to work anyway.

Essentially, the problem I'm having does indeed revolve around the force power slots not being initiated. I think I have my head wrapped correctly around the code that actually bestows it to the player during spawn, but the initiation is a problem. I believe you're right and that those tutorials would fix that problem. I'm going to take another dive in tonight and see if I can apply all of this. I will let you know the results!

About your problem with SP, I'm really not an experienced coder either. I'm just barely skirting by, hence the desire to copy paste code from other projects. I feel like the only way to learn is to keep at it and slowly branch out. It sounds like the problem isn't a limitation of your knowledge of coding but rather of the way this specific game works. Once I nail down this force power gunnery system problem I will have a much better understanding of the files, and I'm confident I'd be able to propose a solution to get some RPG elements in there. In fact, I've always wanted to see a bunch of RPG elements in Jedi Academy and would be happy to look into it further with you. Something small I can think of off the top of my head is that OJP Enhanced has an experience system which allows for a client to dynamically increase their force points with every kill. I'm sure this could be applied to SP, but this would essentially allow (if guns were tied to force points, or their own skill point system) you to buy guns with "money" that was earned from kills. Their code for the "ExpSys" as they call it is conveniently located within "//[ExpSys]" comments so you'd know if you're looking at something you might want to copy. Only trouble is their Exp System is linked heavily to their Gunnery System, and so following their code would lead you down the same path as me. Whatever you decide to do, I just thought I'd bring it up.

On 1/26/2020 at 3:42 PM, Setrilo said:

That all makes perfect sense. I've seen those tutorials and planned on giving them a full read, but I wasn't sure they'd actually help this particular problem. However, the way you're explaining though seems really insightful. I might have to do everything again from the ground up, but honestly I'm not sure how well I expected outright copying a bunch of someone else's code to work anyway.

Essentially, the problem I'm having does indeed revolve around the force power slots not being initiated. I think I have my head wrapped correctly around the code that actually bestows it to the player during spawn, but the initiation is a problem. I believe you're right and that those tutorials would fix that problem. I'm going to take another dive in tonight and see if I can apply all of this. I will let you know the results!

About your problem with SP, I'm really not an experienced coder either. I'm just barely skirting by, hence the desire to copy paste code from other projects. I feel like the only way to learn is to keep at it and slowly branch out. It sounds like the problem isn't a limitation of your knowledge of coding but rather of the way this specific game works. Once I nail down this force power gunnery system problem I will have a much better understanding of the files, and I'm confident I'd be able to propose a solution to get some RPG elements in there. In fact, I've always wanted to see a bunch of RPG elements in Jedi Academy and would be happy to look into it further with you. Something small I can think of off the top of my head is that OJP Enhanced has an experience system which allows for a client to dynamically increase their force points with every kill. I'm sure this could be applied to SP, but this would essentially allow (if guns were tied to force points, or their own skill point system) you to buy guns with "money" that was earned from kills. Their code for the "ExpSys" as they call it is conveniently located within "//[ExpSys]" comments so you'd know if you're looking at something you might want to copy. Only trouble is their Exp System is linked heavily to their Gunnery System, and so following their code would lead you down the same path as me. Whatever you decide to do, I just thought I'd bring it up.

Hi man!

first off, we go into your problem. Well, my tutorial basically explain HOW to add new force powers slots on Single Player, properly, into a way they are inizialized and recognized from the game. if you want to create a system linked to force power levels for change, override and upgrade the weapon of player, first off you need to set these new force powers slots, then set they exactly how works passive force powers as force jump, saber offense and saber defense, they are not selectable or usable by player into hud scrollbar icon, but they levels affect seriously gameplay, jump height, deflections skill etc. i guess that should work into the same way, but instead of create these kind of affects, you need to code the stuff into a way that force power level 1 of "FP_GUNUPGRADE" (shitty name, just an example) inizialite the function that allow to overrride weapon to his upgrade 1, and same for force level 2,3, 4, and so away. JKA can store 32 weapons and 32 force powers, so, into MP you should have at least 12 ew "upgrade skill slots"

My tutorial explain how to add and configure new force power slots and store into the array of the engine, BUT it not explain how to code a force power, cause the affect of the force powers can be really different and depend strickly but what a coder desire to do.

well, i suggest you that before do that stuff, you try to explore how work the force power system. try to follow the tutorial for add a force power that clone some already existing force power. do some of easy like clone the FP_MINDTRICK, is one of the more easy power to clone and edit. when you manage how it work, you can see how to hook to your personal stuff...

regard my project:i am not a star wars modder. i modded for my own fun and for make a gift to some my friends a conversion of JKA to legacy of kain series for many years, but know i wanna do a personal project. on the true life i am a writer, but i had not success with selling of my fantasy book after i publish it, so i have the idea to make some kind of rpg indie game with Openjk GPL V2  engine. also if there is not guy that not tell me to pass to unity or unreal engine, but i have my personal motivation cause i am not using these software, and i already explained yesterday to a man.

what i need is basically that:

- hacking weakness/resistence of enemies to MOD means of damage, into g_combat. so every creature is weak to some kind of spell, weapon and element and resitence to other. is the improving of deadly demp2 shot to droids. for example: if i shoot darkness bolt to a vampire it lead to nothing, but if i shoot sun bolt i can kill it. if i use fireball on a frost golem i can kill it, but now with water/ice element. that stuff is easy to do. but i am not using CLASS for do that, cause i use CLASS for AI. i am using 3 different stuff for my creatures.

WORLD: it affect the way about creature is affected by gravity and so how it jump and move. on my opere there are 12 planets and each one have different gravity.

RACE: work exactly like class and that can easily affect and configure a foe to be resistance and weakness to some kind of Means of Death. i created a "race" string for NPC files for do that and it works very fine! but these sets are hardcoded, exactly has assassin droid stuff. for be softcoded and be user friendly for modders or other guys, also if i already added the MeansoFDamage lib of Jedi Academy Galaxy. should be amazing do the same thing with paramters like

firedamage 0.5 

into an NPC file, and so the fire on that creature deal only half damage! not much different about how work the float of damagesaberscale on SAB files!

CLASS: well, on old CLASS NPC system i assign AI to my creatures, basically.

Weapons°: after years of madness, with some help of the project leader of knight of the force 2.0 team, i overcap the damned and infamus limit of 32 weapons of the JKA code (cause weapons and force powers are stored ninto a 32 bit buffer array restricted, is not possible to add more of 32 slots of that -.- ), so that raise the cap to 250 weapon slots!

- i added 3 new weapons for the old lok project, and they works nice, but for my saga i am planning to make some kind of swapping weapon system like gta games: that thing are already present into gunslinger academy code of eezstreet. so every weapon slot is not more a weapon, but a weapon category, on my project, with an inside enumeration list of weapons, and so if you set as WP_BLASTER_PISTOL , example, "revolver" it override weapon model , visual effect, MODS and Balistic.

that should really need to be improved however.

shiuld be lovely if is possible to add reloading, for example. also, it for works properly should require NPC strings for customize NPC weapons slots in that way (i know how to do that and it works good) and icarus scripting also for make that throught icarus!

something like SET_BLASTERPISTOLTYPE  COLT on icarus for override the blaster pistol. i mean.

on that way i am planning to use icarus system also for get rewards and new weapons, not much different about how work

SET_WEAPON WP_SABER

SET_SABER single_3.

that, but fore weapons.

- same stuff for force power, exactly as weapons. on every one of my worlds there are 3 different characters hero and they have different skills, force power can be used for skills or magic spells.

- RPG dialogue system as Kotor: that work already fine with a system of scripting of icarus created by Noodle. no code hacking required.  it use cvars, menu system and icarus and is very nice! 

- Stamina like jedi knight galaxy?   - MISSING AGAIN, i never played with it again-

- remove limitations of model complexity, SHADER_MAX_INDEXES, RUN OUT OF TRANSORH GHOUL 2 or at least cap these stuff for have more HD quality characters.

- Saber holstering

- Levelling system that affect amount of HP and FP . but i not know how the hell do that.

- Dogfight combat modality as rogue squadron 3d or xwing allaince , so JKA can allow also space battles between fighters. i lost 2 years of my life for make fighters fly properly, and also player . but it again miss collision damage between fighters or brushes map geometry, it miss also HUD and a nice weapon combat system and rolling movement for player and evasioun manouvre for NPCs. 

well, that is what i wanna do. and also, i dream a way for do that easily moddable, killing all hardcoding stuff that frustrate modders.

i am seeking again for some coder that help me to do that, but until now i not got success. my knowledge of c++ is limitated and i have bad heal troubles so i am not much fresh as mind , long history. so honestly, without coder i cannot do all alone.

i hope i helped you into some way. good luck man >.<

Edited by Circa
removed the dozens of returns at the end of the post