Making a clientside ffa_bespin in JK2 1.04

devy

Hi, I'm currently making a clientside ffa_bespin for my server in JK2.

I've completed the project in terms of design but now I'm encountering a compiler issue that is extremely annoying (this issue is most likely due to map size).

I've tried using high _lightmapscale values without any success and chopsize/blocksize 0 is not an option as players who do not have the clientside seem to bug out (only seeing void even though they are placed at bespin, which they should see) when they enter the server if any of those variables is put into worldspawn.

The issue I'm having is MAP_MAX_VISIBILITY exceeded; which I didn't have when I compiled with chopsize/blocksize 0.

Does anyone have any idea how to handle this?

Smoo likes this

I've fixed the MAX_MAP_VISIBILITY thing. The problem I'm having right now is this:

If I go outside the skybox without having the clientside, I can see bespin normally from above but as soon as I get into the skybox it glitches out and shows me void.

• 5 weeks later...

I've fixed the MAX_MAP_VISIBILITY thing. The problem I'm having right now is this:

If I go outside the skybox without having the clientside, I can see bespin normally from above but as soon as I get into the skybox it glitches out and shows me void.

Thats because you're in a HOM. That's normal anytime you go outside the map world.