NPC Overhaul suggestions.

Hey everyone,

My next project will be mainly involving doing some major fixes for the npcs; buffing, nerfing, etc. Hopefully make it so that some npcs don't permanently say on that weak-ass fast style permanently. But of course, my opinion on what needs fixing may be different than yours.

I need suggestions on what you feel may need fixing for the npcs, and if it sounds realistic enough, I'll make sure to include it.

Some fixes I plan on making for the next update are:

• Make Boba Fett not invincible EXCEPT during his mission in the single player campaign.
  • Free selection of lightsaber styles for npcs (provided that they have them)
  • Make Count Dooku weaker
  • Character biography updates to coincide with The Last Jedi and Rebels.
  • Make Emperor Palpatine use Lightning, no lightsaber.

There are a few others I have in mind, but I mostly need feedback from you guys. I've gotten a number of comments from players stating that a number of npcs are too easy, and others too hard. Please leave me your suggestions as a reply in this topic, and I'll be sure to read them.

Thank you for following the development of Knights of the Force 2.1, and may the Force be with you.

Maksman likes this
Guest Nuv3RMind

Here are my 5 cents; I am not a programmer, so I don't know how much these suggestions are applicable: 

- Improved AI; similar to the Serenity Mod (or at least make Blaster-Users a little more active; not just standing around)

- New NavMeshes for the Maps

- add more Lightsaber styles

These are my suggestions for now.

I am sorry, if these are dumb.

Thank You for offering an opportunity to let us express our opinions on this already pretty good mod. It can only become better from now on; very promising.

Yours sincerely. 

Here are my 5 cents; I am not a programmer, so I don't know how much these suggestions are applicable: 

- Improved AI; similar to the Serenity Mod (or at least make Blaster-Users a little more active; not just standing around)

- New NavMeshes for the Maps

- add more Lightsaber styles

These are my suggestions for now.

I am sorry, if these are dumb.

Thank You for offering an opportunity to let us express our opinions on this already pretty good mod. It can only become better from now on; very promising.

Yours sincerely. 

I agree about the npc nav meshs but I want galak_mech to be galak_mech and fix jk2 tavion cause all I get is a Error for npc.cfg which was used in jk2 and not jka. 

• 3 months later...

I wouldn't say Dooku needs to be easier, I think people just aren't used to his saber stance. But things I think need to be improved
1. the ai currently tends to only use force protect when fighting another npc. This is kind of irritating because the only way I can get a satisfactory duel is to put lightsaber damage at low. Something I think that you could do to avoid this issue, give force users personal energy shields with their level based on force points (so Vader gets an energy shield of 300). Then just figure out how to get them to actually heal during combat. (I actually don't mind that they don't use force protect because I do like playing on low lightsaber damage, but 400 hp+75% damage resistance would be a never ending fight). 
2. Maybe tweak Vader+Sion so that their constantly using Dark Rage+heal. it'd make fighting them really interesting as you'd have to try to kill them while their dark rage is recharging. 
3. Speaking of a Palps with no lightsaber: something I've always thought would be a fun cosmetic mod, give palps a new 'weapon' that would be him throwing concussion blasts from his hands (aka TK blasts). This would make fighting the Emperor feel similar to fighting Boc in Dark Forces 2 (jumping around and throwing balls of energy). I don't know if you could make this new 'gun' be linked to force power, but I don't think it'd be too immersion breaking if it had the same ammo as the concussion gun. If you just have the emperor with no lightsaber, then he's way too easy. Plus, with the blasts, you get to feel like Yoda as you and the emperor are playing hot potato with TK blasts.  
Other than that, most of the AI is fine, outside of extreme cases like Obi-Wan and a few others who don't swing very often. 

Oh and one last thing. Something that absolutely needs fixed, many of the AI will not use force speed when I turn mine on, or if they do, it takes them awhile to register that I'm about to blitz them. I'm not sure which ones react quickly/not at all, because I've largely stopped using force speed in duels to maintain challenge. 

I feel like some of your ideas are kinda hard to do. 1 protection issue just set it to 0, this would mean that they can't survive the rain on Vjun1. 2 light side powers cancel out darkside which is a part of the game code. 3 why not just add boc instead of that to Palpy, and they hit the weapon limit in SP awhile ago they stated. The AI part i have always hated how dumb JA AI felt from jo. JO ai felt agressive and good at fighting and there is still JO AI in MP of JA/KOTF just spawn a Reborn and see what i mean, they could jump while falling sometimes after I pushed em off.

Oh, no no I'm not saying they shouldn't use protect, I'd prefer they do. Whenever the AI fight each other, it comes on immediately, when they fight me, they MIGHT turn it on when I've almost killed them. So I tend to play on low damage more out of necessity. Pardon the lack of clarity on my previous response (late night). So I was suggesting energy shields to control for their lack of using protect against human opponents (if that's possible?). 
As for the dark rage, I thought I saw it in a video, just realized it turned off when Kylo healed (100 Sith jedi academy challenge). So, my bad. Dark rage is another one of those powers they only use when their health is low rather than at the start. But I would prefer Vader/Sion/Maul behave more like Kylo in this video 

(10:40-11:40 I think would give a good demonstration, lots of healing, lots of Dark Rage, and the aggression of a wasp)  
Edit: and 16:52 has him fighting Kylo as the last enemy. You'll notice he cancels his dark rage with heal+the red glow of the lightsaber makes it look like they're being used together at times (thus my mistake). 

For a clear example of what I'm talking about
fight: Zhar Lestin or Dorak. Both of them actually turn on protect like they should (Sion will sometimes protect/dark rage early on, other times not at all). 
Fight: Vader, Revan, The Emperor, Windu, Anakin Skywalker or a shadow trooper (just for a few examples). All three have force protect/dark rage, yet none of them use either of those powers until they're low on health. But if you have Windu fight the Emperor or Vader fight Luke, suddenly both AI remember they have protect. Also they very rarely (if ever) heal during combat. Turn force speed on against any of those NPC's (minus the Emperor or a Shadowtrooper) and they are very unlikely to turn their force speed on, or if they do turn it on, you've already gotten a good 2-5 hits in. 
And by "low damage because of necessity" I mean "If I'm bored of killing Vader in 5-7 hits, imagine how bored I get with 1-3 shotting him on normal damage"