Can't get playermodels to show in character menu (but sometimes I can?)

Recently I've been sorting through all my playermodels and have been coming across something that's really been confusing. After various testing of taking models in and out of the game, it seems to produce completely random results (at least to me).

I tried to test if it was based on each model file size, model folder size, amount of model files, amount of folders, amount of skins, whether a "playerchoice" text file exists in each folder or not, whether they are listed in "MENU" strings or not, and so on. It seems no matter what, it is extremely inconsistent for me. Sometimes it only shows the default 6 models, sometimes it shows nothing (and crashes), sometimes it shows up to 50 or more models at a time. I know that it has to do with editing the "MENU" strings file as I mentioned before, and I also know that it has to do with the text file "playerchoice". But not all my models have that file but they are sometimes selectable and sometimes they aren't. Sometimes models would push out other models (so they don't get listed), and other times it completely ignores the strings file flat out.

It's very confusing... if someone knows how to properly list models within the character creation menu then I'd appreciate it alot! And yes I followed a tutorial for it already. I should also mention that all models are fully working too. Fully working for bots, NPCs, as a player (when using the console), and etc. Also no other .pk3 files have models inside them and such except for the one I'm using (and Assets of course), I made sure to remove any variables that would conflict with these. My main goal is so that it lists the proper playermodels as selectable but its very confusing to figure out what does what so far...

Edit: Okay I sorta figured it out I think after doing some experiments. Basically it seems the game doesn't read the sizes or individual folders so much as it focuses on the names of the folders and the amount of letters total among the playermodel folders, and uses that to determine a limit. A combination of this, the load order, plus the playerchoice.txt determines what gets listed in the game selection. There's more to it but w/e I give up over thinking it, lol. It just gets very confusing when you have a large amount of models lol, but I got it now... so people can ignore this!