Can somebody smarter than me recompile the Single Player code to increase amount of .NPC files in Single player?

Error: NPC LoadParms: ran out of space before reading [insertrandomcharacterhere].npc (you must make the .npc files smaller)

Basically got around this by removing some .NPCs.

But I like having lots of .NPCs! How do I get around this preferably with no coding, but by simple copy and pasting! I will edit a .pk3 and use notepad but that's the extent of my skills. Help me brainpower of jkhub, you're my only hope!

There's a github with the source code on it: https://github.com/J...e/NPC_stats.cpp see line 217.

If you have never coded it before you might want to start with a tutorial: 

I'm a bit busy with other things and projects to do it myself for you, but someone else might be willing.

Apparently this is how you do it, except JKOpen has it's own set of errors I can't get around on top of knowing jack s*** about coding. Can someone do this? Because this for me is error-ception.

I already answered your question, three threads are not necessary.  You can't do it with pk3 notepad magic, sorry.  You'll need to recompile the single player code with the changed variable.  You should edit your post to reflect this, ask for someone to do it for you instead of asking how since you've already been answered how.

EDIT:

Thanks, if I have time I might try and do it this week.  Someone may beat me to it.

Edited by Darth Futuza

JKG Developer

I already answered your question, three threads are not necessary.  You can't do it with pk3 notepad magic, sorry.  You'll need to recompile the single player code with the change variable.  You should edit your post to reflect this, ask for someone to do it for you instead of asking how since you've already been answered how.

EDIT:

Thanks, if I have time I might try and do it this week.  Someone may beat me to it.

'Kay. Thanks, and sorry about the threads, those were unnecessary I was just tangled in web of problems. This boils it down to one.

I know I've been a nuisance. I should probably make my avatar Jar Jar to reflect that.

Syko likes this

@@KPSpark made this real quick and haven't tested it (don't have enough npcs to), so fair warning if it doesn't work.

The zip has two parts to it:

• updated openjk binaries with the vehicle and npc extensions increased for both multiplayer and singleplayer.
  • a pk3 called df_limitbreaker.pk3

Try the pk3 first, just drop it in your base directory and see if it works, if not, try running your openjk_SP.x86.exe from the GameData directory with df_limitbreaker.pk3 in base.  If that still doesn't work you may need to use the binaries I included to update your openjk install.  If you get an error saying that msvcp140.dll or something similar is missing you can get that here.

Use at your own risk, etc. etc.

JKG Developer

@@KPSpark made this real quick and haven't tested it (don't have enough npcs to), so fair warning if it doesn't work.

The zip has two parts to it:

• updated openjk binaries with the vehicle and npc extensions increased for both multiplayer and singleplayer.
  • a pk3 called df_limitbreaker.pk3

Try the pk3 first, just drop it in your base directory and see if it works, if not, try running your openjk_SP.x86.exe from the GameData directory with df_limitbreaker.pk3 in base.  If that still doesn't work you may need to use the binaries I included to update your openjk install.  If you get an error saying that msvcp140.dll or something similar is missing you can get that here.

Use at your own risk, etc. etc.

(Wincing as I'm writing this) Didn't work, and I can't open openjksp.exe for different reasons.

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."

Yep. Error-ception. Honestly I can roll with switching out the asset1.pk3 with a modified one until I sort it out. No need to beat a dead horse here.