Gamepad not working in last build

Aidor

Hi,

I've downloaded the last build (build 2016-08-22 for Windows) and gamepad doesn't work. Xinput gamepad works if I use the other build I used some month ago (build 2014-12-15), but not with the last one.

What I'm doing wrong? I've been searching here and there for a while, but with no luck.

Thanks in advance.

in_joystick 2 no longer exists its only 1 or 0 now, so 2 is basically same as 1.

You need to bind the keys for buttons, and I'm not sure on the axes depending on which controller.

Ok, I see, thanks.

Actually my xbox360 gamepad is detected, cause I can bind some buttons to some actions, but the problem is the right stick (which should control the camera). I can bind it via in-game setting to "look up", "look down", "turn left" and "turn right", but the result is weird, with no sensitivity, like if I was using xpadder or Pinnacle.

There should be a way to set the joystick the same way it worked before the SDL.dll implamentantion, where we just needed to plug in the joystick, and the right stick controls the camera automatically, with no need to edit any file or settings.

Let's see if anybody knows how this new joystick input system works, cause I can't see it.

Ok, I see, thanks.

Actually my xbox360 gamepad is detected, cause I can bind some buttons to some actions, but the problem is the right stick (which should control the camera). I can bind it via in-game setting to "look up", "look down", "strafe left" and "strafe right", but the result is weird, with no sensitivity, like if I was using xpadder or Pinnacle.

There should be a way to set the joystick the same way it worked before the SDL.dll implamentantion, where we just needed to plug in the joystick, and the right stick controls the camera automatically, with no need to edit any file or settings.

Let's see if anybody knows how this new joystick input system works, cause I can't see it.

Well, the axes aren't implemented and that old method wasn't very correct either.  You won't be able to play with a pad right now and its not very effective to do so especially in Multiplayer where you will get steamrolled anyway.

Aidor likes this

Ok, if axes aren't implemented as you say, I see the problem now.  

Well, the old method worked quite well, and both sticks had sensitivity, not adjustable as far as I know, but it had a sensitivity curve quite good. Even for changing between walk/run, the left stick controlled it, with no need to edit nothing). And all this 'by default'.

About MP, sure, I only use the gamepad to play SP mods, not in MP. So I'm going to stay with the old build (2014-12-15) to play SP mods, and let's see if someday axes are implemented.

Thanks for the help ensiform.

I know it worked sorta well by default, it was implemented badly by comparison.  User perspective vs badly programmed are two different things. That old build is not recommended but if you insist.

I have working better stuff locally but its not ready and even if i commit it, there won't be a windows build for you to grab.  You'd need to find someone to build a generic copy.