Persistent corpses in Jedi Outcast

I've recently returned to playing Jedi Outcast and it's been a blast but one thing has been bugging me and it's the way corpses disappear so quickly in game. In Jedi Academy this can be changed with the corpse_removaltime console command which unfortunatly doesn't work on Outcast. I recently asked one of the original developers on a jkhub forum and he said that while the script isn't in Outcast it should be able to be ported from Jedi Academy. My problem is that I'm a noob modder and I wouldn't know where to start with a mod like that. Is anyone out there interested in having a go? I think it'd add a lot to the gameplay of Outcast and it sounds like something other people have been interested in as well.

Hey thanks for the reply :) I've done a bit of research on Redemption and it sounds amazing but to be honest I'm not looking for a Total Conversion as they all ways seem to have a few features that you don't want (everyone has their personal preferences I guess) and it would probably clash with my own mods.  I see they added the ability to knock over portable sentry's with force push which would also be a great addition to gameplay (never seemed fair that dark jedi could knock your sentry's flying but even at level 3 you couldn't touch theirs).  My next step might be to get in touch with Eezstreet's or the JKEnhanced team and see if they might be willing to do something low key for me, thanks again :)

i was having a scrungle around in the source code recently, and in NPC.cpp i found this:

#define REMOVE_DISTANCE 128
#define REMOVE_DISTANCE_SQR (REMOVE_DISTANCE * REMOVE_DISTANCE)

if you changed the remove distance variable to, say, 9999999 then it'd require the player to be a lot further away for corpses to disappear. probably further than you could get on any map.
problem is, all i really know how to do is to screw with the source code, and i have no idea how to actually implement changes in the source into the main game, via compiling and whatnot.
if anyone could help me out on that front, i'm fairly sure we'd have a competent persistent corpse on our hands, without really changing the base game all that much.

heck, persistent corpses in this game would be the coolest thing.

EDIT: yeah, i had a look at taking the code from academy, and it's looking too hard for me. then again, i'm pretty noob myself.
Edited by slinky