[Upcoming] Map Pack 1

I purposefully removed some of the maps from the initial asset release because I wanted to focus on a tighter-knit game with less issues. These maps will make their way into the main binary release, but will be a separate download for now.

They will include the following maps. Note that there are some plot details for the RPG part.

Tatooine Spaceport (by Pande): The Spaceport from JKA is back, and it's been redesigned. The Empire is attempting to keep the outer fringes of its reach under its control, and the Spaceport is no exception. The Black Sun Criminal Syndicate on the other hand has no intention of Empire interference with its smuggling operations. Black Sun vs Empire, 10-32 players

Upper Coruscant (by Pande): In Upper Coruscant, the Black Sun Syndicate are only a fable. While not as omnipresent as they are in the lower ends, they still occasionally engage in firefights with Stormtroopers that nose around too much... Black Sun vs Empire, 16-32 players

Mos Eisley Streets (by Pande): While the Rebel Alliance isn't nearly as strong as it would be after the Battle of Yavin, they still exist as a solid resistance against the Empire. After capturing the spaceport, the Empire wants to flush out any that exist. Resistance vs Empire, 10-32 players

Garrison (by Raven Software): Another classic from JK2 brought to JKG, this base deep beneath Tatooine is under attack by Resistance fighters. Resistance vs Empire, 8-16 players

Jawa Fortress: As demonstrated in A New Hope, the Empire are no strangers to violence against Jawas. They are seen as an unproductive scavengers who hold many secrets about Empire technology. Any secrets that the Jawas might have might be used by a rebel alliance. Jawas vs Empire, 8-16 players

Taris Visions (by MaceCrusherMadunusus): The Taris Training Program, or TTP for short, is a simulation designed to train Stormtroopers for active combat duty. Includes a new game mode. 32-64 players

therfiles and Smoo like this

I am confused, is JKG being revived? 

I work on it from time to time. I wanted to get a stable release out that everyone could play on their servers, and then continually update from there. If that counts as a revival, sure? But updates will be few and far between.

@@eezstreet This is only a suggestion but, you should make some kind of effects/model replacement for vanilla JKA which uses the sexy JKG effects/weapon models! That would be epic. Back on topic, it is awesome to hear there is still some development being done for JKG.  

This is unfortunately a lot harder than it sounds when you have 100+ weapons that use their own directories. But you are welcome to take effects/models and repurpose them for private use.

I am in the process of writing an FAQ that hopefully sorts a lot of these questions out.