R_AddMD3Surfaces error (JAO Enhanced)

Go to solution Solved by RebornKyle,

I managed to solve another bug in the JAO mod: the turrets in ns_hideout now move again.

However, when destroying any one of them, an unending stream of the same warning pops up, which can be seen in the attached screenshot. It doesn't crash, but its an eyesore that stays in the top left corner due to it repeating over and over.

I'd guess that the reason it's repeated about a million times is because it gets a warning each time it moves, which is just about every frame, lol.

Does anyone understand what's going on here, and how to fix it? I've never seen this at all.

For reference, I'm using misc_turret, not the original misc_ns_turret that Jedi Outcast used for this level, due to it having its own bugs that I'd rather avoid for now. Not sure if that would cause the issue, but it seems to be fine when its NOT destroyed, so...

shot2024-10-12_22-49-28.jpg

• Solution

I asked our lord and savior (ChatGPT) and surprisingly it had an answer for me. I had to add animation to the turret_damage.md3 model because apparently the game freaks out if a model is moving and it doesn't have animation. So I just added 2 frames marked down in blender using SomaZ's plugin, and the message has disappeared.

Now the turrets move exactly like in Outcast! Their aim is a little off compared to Outcast, but its sufficient.