Mercenary Kyle but actually looking like a younger Kyle from Dark Forces

Hi everyone!

So, I was never fully satisfied with this Mercenary Kyle model as in he looks nothing like Kyle from Outcast and Academy:

picA.jpg.d785a5a42c95b3e9639dadd692f58164.jpg

Playing the Dark Forces mod for Jedi Academy his face always bothered me. It's cool and all, it's just not Kyle. I decided to make a reskin for him to make him resemble Kyle as much as possible. This was the most I could do:

picB.jpg.66b879cd09b2498e268ac209d7e7a749.jpg

But the problem is, the model is just built differently. The shape and placement of his nose and eyes are the most crucial part. I was wondering... would it be possible to somehow match the Mercenary head model to the base head model? Like this:

picC.jpg.962e8bc5b1c6d43742a791e5c9c0b27f.jpg

(Also, don’t mind my Kyle having green eyes, it’s just something I did because I thought Jason Court in Jedi Knight had green eyes.)

Obviously, it’s pretty easy to photoshop the upper half of his head from the base game to the lower half from the Mercenary model but is it actually doable to make this a functioning .glm model? And is there anybody who would like to try it? I would, but I don’t have even the slightest knowledge about model making and this doesn’t look a beginner level task. 😅

This is something I’ve been thinking about for many years now. Then, recently someone combined the base model with the Mercenary jacket and by that, I just decided to post this here. Asking a question wouldn’t hurt, so... here it is. 🙂

Now, someone might ask why is that recently made model not good enough for me... It is good for "current age" Kyle, but for Dark Forces I'd prefer a younger, beardless Kyle. And the base Kyle head has broader jawline. It's not even a jawline, it's a beardline. Simply making the face texture beardless would make Kyle having a face like a hamster. Also his mustache has its own polygons so even if I paint the texture there to look like skin, the in-game lighting makes it look as if he had put a skin colored cloth there to hide his mustache, so... not ideal. 😄

DarthValeria and krkarr like this