JAMP has some skins...

...that are basically repeated. I think they only become visible with JA++ or such mods, but they're there. These skins are mostly the vanilla Jaden skins, but for some reason, there's two of each variation (two for Twilek, two for Rodian, etc.), and they differ in nothing at all.

Likewise, some of the skins created by the community here (mainly the Starkiller Jedi Adventurer robe) also have several slots, the only difference between them being the walking animation as the skin appears in the preview - one skin walks faster. In the .pk3 these additional slots are caused by the 'mp' folder in the 'models' folder, but then I ask - why? The "single" skin works just fine.

Can anyone explain the purpose of the second, third, etc. slots?

Most of those "duplicate slots" is caused because different versions of the same model. For example. the Starkiller Jedi Adventurer robe file includes 2 versions, one for SP with Custom Animations (that is the one that looks as if it walks faster in the menu selection) and one for MP with standard animations.

You can go to https://jkhub.org/files/file/2876-galen-marek-jedi-adventure-robes/?st=50#commentsStart and read all the messages for a full explanation.

the_raven likes this

Most of those "duplicate slots" is caused because different versions of the same model. For example. the Starkiller Jedi Adventurer robe file includes 2 versions, one for SP with Custom Animations (that is the one that looks as if it walks faster in the menu selection) and one for MP with standard animations.

You can go to https://jkhub.org/files/file/2876-galen-marek-jedi-adventure-robes/?st=50#commentsStart and read all the messages for a full explanation.

Ah, thank you. Does this apply to the vanilla Jaden skins as well?

I guess, should be the same or at least similar issue (I don't play MP).

The vanilla skins don't seem to have any custom animations (they have the same pace in the preview)

I don't play much MP myself, mostly against bots because I get bored of adding npcs in SP all the time.