Server Only Assets Batch (SOAB) - Save some of SSD disk space.
- This is a real simple windows batch script that processes .pk3 assets into an smaller file, deleting any unnecessary file for a server.
A bit of history:
- I was about to launch a new server, so I decided to upload my assets, but I noticed that my low cost SSD server was about to be full, so I made this script to shrink my assets.
- As a result, I give you a tool to save almost 1GB in your servers, this is really a thing if you use SSD servers.
- Understand that SOAB is not meant to be a wonderful featured software, just a little script made to save time.
- This script is intended for non pure servers.
- As this is a batch script, it needs to be used on a Windows system, I have tested it on an updated Windows 10 system.
- Following the Usage section of this description is required for a proper usage of this script.
- This script uses a recursive deleting loop, not following the Usage section may harm your computer, if you execute it on your system's root (C:/), you may delete some system files and even your family photos.
- This is a really lazy script, I have not added any kind of security to avoid people to harm themselves, not following the Usage section may harm your computer.
- I am not responsible for any harm that this script may do to your computer.
- First, you need WinRAR, you can get it at WinRAR official webpage.
This will end up with a single assets0.pk3, this will contain the only assets that your server needs.
THIS FILE IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION, RAVEN SOFTWARE, OR LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC. ELEMENTS™ & © LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY, LLC AND/OR ITS LICENSORS.