Server Only Assets Batch (SOAB) - Save some of SSD disk space.
- This is a real simple windows batch script that processes .pk3 assets into an smaller file, deleting any unnecessary file for a server.
A bit of history:
- I was about to launch a new server, so I decided to upload my assets, but I noticed that my low cost SSD server was about to be full, so I made this script to shrink my assets.
- As a result, I give you a tool to save almost 1GB in your servers, this is really a thing if you use SSD servers.
- Understand that SOAB is not meant to be a wonderful featured software, just a little script made to save time.
- This script is intended for non pure servers.
- As this is a batch script, it needs to be used on a Windows system, I have tested it on an updated Windows 10 system.
- Following the Usage section of this description is required for a proper usage of this script.
- This script uses a recursive deleting loop, not following the Usage section may harm your computer, if you execute it on your system's root (C:/), you may delete some system files and even your family photos.
- This is a really lazy script, I have not added any kind of security to avoid people to harm themselves, not following the Usage section may harm your computer.
- I am not responsible for any harm that this script may do to your computer.
- First, you need WinRAR, you can get it at WinRAR official webpage.
This will end up with a single assets0.pk3, this will contain the only assets that your server needs.
THIS FILE IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION PUBLISHING, INC., RAVEN SOFTWARE, OR LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY, LLC. ELEMENTS™ & © LUCASFILM LTD.™ & DISNEY, INC.™ AND/OR ITS LICENSORS. STAR WARS®, JEDI®, & JEDI KNIGHT® ARE REGISTERED TRADEMARKS OF LUCASFILM LTD™ AND WALT DISNEY, INC.™ STAR WARS®, JEDI®, & JEDI KNIGHT® ARE REGISTERED TRADEMARKS OF LUCASFILM LTD™ & DISNEY, INC.™