Cyclic redundancy check

Hello People ! I have uninstalled JKA and when i wanted to reinstall it i had this message at the installation :

Component :                   Game 1

File Group :                     Game 1 Files

File                                  E:\Gamedata\base\assets0.pk3

Error                                erreur de données (controle de redondance cyclique)

Precisions : I played with this BOUGHT game so many times and it is the first time it does me that kind of bug

It always happens at the 12% of the installation

Thks a lot for the time given to help me !

If you're installing from disc, maybe the disc has been damaged? The cyclic redundancy check (CRC) is there to make sure that files are copied correctly and have the expected "fingerprint". If the CRC is consistently failing then the disc could be scratched

I would recommend buying the game again online (Steam/GoG) and install it that way :)

I don't know your skills in computer but mine are quite bad I must say  :

thks a lot for your suggestion for my pb but i've read that everywhere and im pretty sure for my case it is not that

You know i've installed KOTF a week ago and because my antivirus (McAfee :( ) preventively erased the files of KOTF I had to uninstall it and reinstalled it but it still didnt work because of my fucking antivirus which never asks me authorization before suppressing things and I must have uninstalled and reinstalled KOTF several imes but even with attention paid to my antivirus so that it doesnt suppress the files, i mean even with all KOTF files (apparently) correctly installed it did not work, the menu was launching and not the rest... the game crashed

So i decided to unistall jedi academy to start all over the stuff you see ? And i've already uninstall the vanilla game 2 or 4 times in the past with no incident. 

But for the first time, my very last uninstallation did not uninstall everything and some files had remain (and i don't remember which ones but i'm pretty sure some assets.pk3 files remained) so i decided to suppress them manually and then i suppressed also them in the bind, definitely, please don't judge if i'm a s**t just help me, I WILL DO AS YOU SAY !  :D

So someone would have an idea to help me ? Maybe you Xycaleth btw  :rolleyes: