JA+ Server Hosting On Mac OSX

I have been working extensively to figure out how to host a server for other people playing on the jkhub master server to join. I've done quite the amount of research only to find very little information that is of any use. Most notably due to how I can't find much on macintosh support. I just feel like I have no idea where to go, what to do or even where to start. Since I'm extremely new to server hosting, could someone help me step by step through creating one? I could really use the help.

• 2 weeks later...

So I gave this several attempts but to no avail. My server still doesn't show up in the server list. What are some possible problems I might be having that might be causing this? As far as I'm aware of, I've opened the ports to my router.

Sometimes the host cant see the server in public list, have you tried get a friend to check if they see it or can connect to it first?

Actually I have. A buddy of mine helped me out, and after several attempts, my server was open for public use. Turns out even though it didnt show up in the master server list, it was public all along. Btw, if i wanted to have a server that used a custom map someone put together, would i have to allow auto download? I've tried doing that but some friends couldnt join unless I had them download the map on jkhub