[server-side] Vote setting

Hi,

on my base servers, when is voting g_gametype, after voting, it changed map. Is there any way how to set WHICH map it has load? Because... I have mapRaceArena.pk3 on my server and when somebody calls vote for g_gametype, after passed voting everytime server change map to racearena. And there is a possibility people who calls that vote don't have this map. So how can I set, after voting g_gametype it will be change map for example to, for FFA -> mp/ffa3, for DUEL -> mp/duel1 and for TFFA -> mp/ffa2??

Smoo likes this

Hello,

one solution is to put this file in your base folder :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Xbj09jZQUaeHZFMVAzUXRwamc/view?usp=sharing

It will put base maps on the top of list.

Now, when someone vote to change the gametype, the server will always switch to a base map and not to a extra map (racearena, ...).

It is not a perfect solution but no one will be disconnected due to an extra map.

I changed the order of base maps, so now when you change the gametype :

FFA => mp/ffa3, then mp/ffa2, mp/ff4, mp/ffa5, mp/ffa1, extra maps

DUEL => no change

CTF => mp/ctf2, then mp/ctf3, mp/ctf4, mp/ctf5, mp/ctf4, extra maps

EDIT: Ignore me, @@Clan FJA's solution seems good.

Look into setting up a map cycle using the nextmap cvar.

set mapcycle1 "set g_gametype 0; map mp/ffa1; set nextmap vstr mapcycle2"
set mapcycle2 "set g_gametype 6; map mp/duel1; set nextmap vstr mapcycle3"
set mapcycle3 "set g_gametype 0; map mp/ffa2; set nextmap vstr mapcycle4"
set mapcycle4 "set g_gametype 0; map mp/ffa3; set nextmap vstr mapcycle5"
set mapcycle5 "set g_gametype 0; map mp/ffa4; set nextmap vstr mapcycle6"
set mapcycle6 "set g_gametype 0; map mp/ffa5; set nextmap vstr mapcycle1"

vstr mapcycle1
You may want to edit the racearena map's .arena file to not list it as a playable map on all gametypes. That may work.

Hm, so I try votefix.pk3 and it seem don't work for me :/. I got pk3 file in base folder on server-side. Trying both of sv_pure settings. Not work :/.

make sure the file is named _votemapfix.pk3 and NOT votemapfix.pk3

The "_" is very important and should overwrite all files. If it is not the case, so try by naming the file "zzzzzzzzz_votemapfix.pk3".

First little test. OpenJK linux dedicated server (latest update), sv_pure 0, _votefix.pk3 rename to a_votefix.pk3, there is Server initialization screen: https://ctrlv.cz/qBCI . a_votefix.pk3 was load last, right? When file had name zzzz_votefix.pk3, it was FIRST loaded from ./base folder... something like this https://ctrlv.cz/EiaB . I have different fs_homepath and fs_basepath... fs_homepath /root/game_servers/jka/new/gamedata ... fs_basepath . (current folder)

I join to the server, FFA is startup gametype... esc -> callvote -> gametype -> Team FFA... it changed map to rift sanctuary... then again vote to duel, it change map to the academy v2... again vote team ffa, change map jedi'shome... 

Hm, I really can't say if votefix work or not -_-. Seems like it change something, but not work correctly.

Server-side: OpenJK Linux Dedicated (64bit), sv_pure 0, filename zzzzzz_votefix.pk3, fs_game OpenJK, homepath same like basepath. Without votefix, when gametype FFA and map is ffa3 and vote TFFA, it change map to ffa4. With votefix, it change to ffa2. And now, when you callvote to change gametype, it change to some custom map.

I'm really confused -_-:D.

So, I dediced to change the question :D.

Want this behavior:

When callvote gametype FFA, change timelimit 0, fraglimit 0 and map ffa3.

When callvote gametype TFFA, change timelimit 15, fraglimit 0 and map ffa2.

When callvote gametype DUEL, change timelimit 3, fraglimit 1, duel_fraglimit 10 and map duel1.

Always this, no mapcycles.

Would it be possible? Create my own .pk3 file with same scripts like in votefix??