Can I customise how JA CTF looks on my PC?

Hey everyone

Really hope you don't mind me posting this here - please just re-direct me as I'm sure these questions are a bit nooby and I should maybe search around a bit more. Absolutely ignore if you don't feel like answering my entry level questions.

I was just wondering - I love playing JA CTF - not very well, I grant you, but I love playing it nonetheless -

but I really hate the blanket coloring-in of the two teams. I know it's there for a good reason, but with the great big TEAM signs over your team members heads, it would be nice if I didn't have to see these really overpowering red and blue team "colors" dominating the quite nice JA models skins

Is there a mod which turns it off or at least tones it down a bit? LIke maybe - the sabers are still "team" but the skins aren't?

Also - 2nd question - Is there as way to tone down the effect of that green - Protect - force effect? It's So overpowering. I'm pretty sure the blue effect of Absorb is just an outline - actually - I wish none of these force powers would have such an impact on my player skin. I wish I had some kind of bar at the bottom/top/ side of the screen to show me which force powers are active.  A little thin blue, green, red, whatever line at the left side would be just fine for me. I don't like my skin drenched in thick green goop. 

I can't be the first to feel this way. I'm not super technical - just kinda hoping for a simple mod I can download. Is it asking a lot?

Thanks for reading.  See you out there.

H.J.

2nd question - You can download Smod and use sm_set_color_protect command.

Commands for setting custom color of rage, protect or absorb. It takes three arguments
all in range from 0 to 1 (R,G,B parts). Using without argument will print current values.
Use sm_set_color_rage -1 -1 -1 to set defalt value (similar for other two). 

1st question - You need skins with decreased color intense I think, but I don't think there is one.