Old JK2 - JKA merging guide

Hello i had these two games years ago on my old PC that i lost, and had found a guide back then about merging the JK2 levels into JKA (it was quite simple i just can't remember exactly how it was done). i had it all setup perfectly on my old pc, and the only catch to it was you had to load the JK2 map(s) in-game with the map command (once loaded you could progress to the next level normally however), otherwise it worked just fine with all the models/mods etc i used for JKA..now i'm aware that there is a mod that's supposed to do this but aside from the fact that the textures are all messed up in the JK2 levels and kyle appears on the menu for the JKA character selection etc, the list of issues with it sounds like more problems then i had back when i merged the levels to JKA myself. basically i'm just really hoping someone out there might know where to find this information again (or the way it was done). i remember it was as simple as moving/renaming some files but when i renamed/moved the PK3's into the JA folder the initial game menu was invisible and i've not been able to find the guide again (it was quite awhile ago that i set all this up unfortunately so no telling if the website is still around or not).